Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Police checks on living entry...

Police checks on living entry...

Old May 24th 2014, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

daviju is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks on living entry...

Hi,

My fiancé and i are looking to move to Cayman Islands but wanted to find out more about the entry requirements and in particular the criminal records check. When i was 18 (i am now 39) i regrettably got into trouble and was charge with burglary . I was told that this would be wiped after 7 years but would always be on a record. Does this indiscretion count now? Does anyone have advice before i start researching this further? Any help appreciated in advance

Many thanks
Davi & Ju
Old May 25th 2014, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks on living entry...

Davi. Here below is a link to the relevant page of the immigrants' bible. You'll see that you need a Police Clearance Certificate. So if you can get a Police Clearance Certificate from your local cop-shop that doesn't mention "spent" (out-of-date) criminal records, then you should be OK. If not, not. I think you should spend the cost of the Certificate to find out.
http://www.caymannewresident.com/cay...y-requirements

All the best.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:59 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

The uk copshops dont do that anymore. Theres a certificate of police record one can get for 30-40 quid from the uk police (has your photo on it) that in theory is used for american citizenship but most countries use it as a police check.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Green Card with Drug Conviction???, USA forum
This link is to a thread on another expat-blogsite. Go to it and scroll down to post #16. That may be the best advice available for you. Over to you.