Moving in on Wednesday!

Old Jun 27th 2015, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Cam_low is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving in on Wednesday!

Just thought I'd say hello to anyone here. I will be moving from the UK on Wednesday and is very daunting as my contract will be for over an year!
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving in on Wednesday!

The year will fly by! You'll have loads of fun, meet lots of great people and leave broke!
Old Jun 29th 2015, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Wharfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Moving in on Wednesday!

Welcome to The Caribbean Enjoy your time in Cayman
Old Jun 29th 2015, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys,

I hope I dont leave broke I need to buy a house ! I also hope to not ever leave !

Is there any tips of anything I should bring that I will probably forget, may someone did the same and kicked themselves.

Any help appreciated ! Im packing tomorrow !
Old Jun 29th 2015, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

I would have said a corkscrew but most wine bottles are screw top now. You can get everything there, some things a little more expensive but you soon get used to it.. I always used to bring back tea bags. Your shoes will fall apart!

I moved there with two suitcases and not much else. As long as you have a bucket and spade and a pair of shorts - you'll be ok.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

haha I pretty much guessed that about the bucket and spade !

How come my shoes will fall apart ?
Old Jun 30th 2015, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cam_low
Just thought I'd say hello to anyone here. I will be moving from the UK on Wednesday and is very daunting as my contract will be for over an year!
I don't think there's anything daunting about coming here, Cam. A year is a pretty short contract. Tell us what sort of job you'll be in, before we all start feeling sorry for you! I came here 37 years ago on a two-year contract - with a wife and youngster in tow. Wife is still with me - the boy has ended up in Norway, to date.
Old Jul 1st 2015, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

haha I pretty much guessed that about the bucket and spade !

How come my shoes will fall apart ?
It's the tropics! Heat, moisture - it rains a bit.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

well i thought i will let you know i have made it safely and settled in ok.

where do you all shop ? i know fosters and have found some nice things in there but wow, the cost !! anything a little more british ?

i have a pool share in my apartment however im looking to go to live somewhere with a gym in the complex. does anyone know of lakeside ?

thanks
Old Jul 5th 2015, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good to hear. Fosters, Hurleys and Kirks. You've moved half way across the world - why do you want British? Did you bring the teabags? Embrace the lifestyle - eat jerk chicken, patties and drink beer. You'll get used to the prices - remember no income tax but the tax is therefore on sales. Didn't I say you'll leave broke?

Lakeside is near the landfill? Or maybe it doesn't smell that much anymore?? Find a real estate agent - Sam at Century21 will help you.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

haha !!! id best not leave then !
oh dear i think ill stay where i am, uncle jimmys lane in west bay, i have a pool to share with others so its ok. id like a nicer area but this will do me for now until my free two months are up !

im just about to make my jerk pork. im quite a cook on the side so im going to have lots of fun.

i went to kirks for plug things and that...do you know where i can get an oil drum bbq ?
Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't know what an oil drum BBQ is. AL Thompson perhaps or a gas station for a grill? Maybe the Cost-U-less on West Bay Road? I left 4 years ago so not really in the know. Talk to Sam - she'll be a great help with the accom.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

where do you all shop ? i know fosters and have found some nice things in there but wow, the cost !! anything a little more british ?
i have a pool share in my apartment however im looking to go to live somewhere with a gym in the complex. does anyone know of lakeside ?
Fosters is the cheapest of the supermarkets by quite some margin, overall. All its stores have the same prices - Airport, Strand, Republix (West Bay), Countryside (Savannah) + a little shop in East End. All the supermarkets carry some British products, but they only bring a container over once every six months or so. Watch for the weekly specials advertised in flyers each Thursday.

Lakeside is not the safest area to live, for several reasons. Sorry, but I don't know which condos have a gym and which don't.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

well having met my neighbours i think i will stay here. its very close to work and not too expensive.

does anyone know the cost of cosmetic dental works ?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

well having met my neighbours i think i will stay here. its very close to work and not too expensive.

does anyone know the cost of cosmetic dental works ?
what have you been up to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.