moving over in May

Old Mar 20th 2016, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Bettsy583 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving over in May

Hi Everyone,

I have just accepted an offer to come and work in the Cayman Islands, I am scheduled to arrive at the end of April.

I am coming from London and was wondering how easy it is to integrate in to a social circle? I am 24 and into most things like golf, sports, beers etc....

Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2016, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving over in May

Incredibly easy, Bettsy. Two thirds of the population are expats, from 100 or so different countries. They tend to stick with their respective occupational colleagues and age-groups, but that's the only generality it's fair to make. Your single workmates (assuming you're single) will look after you; ask them where they go after work, and go with them.

Ahead of time, you would be wise to find as much as you can about Cayman. ExpatFocus.com has some useful advice for newcomers - and I'm sure you've already found other advice-giving sites such as "New Resident".