Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Moving to Cayman- advise please!

Moving to Cayman- advise please!

Old Aug 4th 2017, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

EmmaJane89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Cayman- advise please!

I moving to Cayman at the end of August and have lots of questions!

I have been to the Island many time but always stayed in Georgetown. I will be working in the seven mile beach area but I know this is pricey to rent there. Any advice on great areas that are affordable with rent?

Is it necessary to buy a car straight away? How is the public transport? Cars seem to be very expensive on the island!

I'm a single twenty something so definitely need a social life! What areas have the best nightlife?

Thanks! If anyone here is moving end of august or beginning of September and is looking for a housemate let me know!
Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Cayman- advise please!

Originally Posted by EmmaJane89
I moving to Cayman at the end of August and have lots of questions!

I have been to the Island many time but always stayed in Georgetown. I will be working in the seven mile beach area but I know this is pricey to rent there. Any advice on great areas that are affordable with rent?

Is it necessary to buy a car straight away? How is the public transport? Cars seem to be very expensive on the island!

I'm a single twenty something so definitely need a social life! What areas have the best nightlife?

Thanks! If anyone here is moving end of august or beginning of September and is looking for a housemate let me know!
Look at ecayonline for apartments shares and also cars. Perhaps Lime Tree Bay? What are you looking to pay? Not sure what you would class as affordable.

A car is necessary unless you like being wet (rain showers) and sweaty (humidity) but people get by without. I did for the first summer I was there. There are buses running along certain routes.

Don't know about social life as I left 6 years ago. You'll meet people and tag along with them to the latest hot spot.

Have fun - great place to live.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Cayman- advise please!

Emma. I'd be interested to know how you got on when you first arrived here. No problems, I assume (!); it's a pretty easy place to find people of one's own age and interests - and you'll have found friends quickly, I've no doubt. Still, for others planning to come here, it would be good to know if you found any difficulties. There are bound to have been some. I've been answering questions on another expats' forum, and I want to get my advice right!