First visit

Old Sep 29th 2013, 12:58 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default First visit

Hey y'all ..im one of the administrators looking after the Barbados forum so wanted to pop in and say hey to you guys here as im soon to visit for my first time...as im normally the one giving information i thought i would become "poacher turn game keeper" and ask for any tips on where to go, what not to miss and what to keep away from on the island.. wats the best currency to travel with..any dos and donts??...looking forward to being spoilt lol
Old Oct 1st 2013, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First visit

Hi,

Are you visiting for a few days or coming on a cruise ship?
You got to go to Sting Ray City - on a sailboat -http://www.sailcayman.com/
Also to Rum Point and to the eastern side of the island - way more peaceful and a relaxing 45 minute drive. Diving is fabulous and snorkeling is good too. North half of Seven Mile is gorgeous.
Avoid George Town on a cruise ship day!

Good to buy in GCM – rum cakes – the regular flavor is the best.. and Appleton rum (made in Jamaica I think) There is also a stamp shop called Penny Black which sells beautiful Cayman stamps. There was also an interesting glass blowing studio but I heard it just closed down recently and a black coral place too which sells really pretty jewelry and ornaments. All the usual duty free jewelry and fragrances.

There are so many wonderful restaurants - my favourites are Ragazzi, Luca, Morgan's Harbour, Calypso Grill, Agua and the Lobster Pot. Lauren's in Buckingham Square is great for lunch, coffee If you are there on a Sunday, make the most of the Champagne brunches - Ritz, Luca and Westin are fab but lots of places do them now too.

US dollars are accepted every where as the rate is fixed. Don't walk the beach at night! Be careful where you park at restaurants - make sure it is in the lighted car parking areas.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:53 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Orange...great infor ..especially Champagne brunches sound great..im visiting for a few weeks...lighted area near restaurants? am I missing something lol
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

There have been a few incidents with women returning to cars parked away from lit areas, so just be aware and take normal precautions at night wherever you are..

I forgot to mention Caymana Bay - the newest shops/commercial/residential area - lots going on there evenings and weekends. The submarine is cool as well if you don't dive so you can go down 100ft. Jolly Roger for drinks cruise, food not so good!