Cayman Real Estate Jobs

Old Aug 11th 2015, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

CIResident is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cayman Real Estate Jobs

Hi, I am a 34 year old experienced and qualified estate agent in the UK. I am looking into trying to obtain a job offer along with a work permit in the Cayman Islands.
I have done a fair amount of research and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction... Are there many real estate job vacancies for expats in Cayman? I understand they have to make sure positions are advertised locally in the first instance, however I hoped maybe there could be openings for English realtors.
I am single with no family to support, and wish to experience my love of selling property somewhere new and different!
Old Aug 12th 2015, 1:07 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cayman Real Estate Jobs

Hi...welcome to BE.

I've moved your thread over to our Cayman Islands forum. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you.

Good luck.
Old Aug 12th 2015, 5:59 am
Just Joined

CIResident is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you 😊
Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of research have you done? I think it would be very unlikely that a Real Estate company would employ someone new to the island. You need to build the contacts, it is a who you know kinda place.

I have three friends who work in real estate there and all three say it was really tough for the first few years and they had been living there a while. I don't think I ever saw an advert for a real estate position all the time I was there. You'd have to approach the companies directly and offer possible connections, contacts? Personally I think there are too many RE agents.
Old Aug 17th 2015, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

I suggest to the OP: Go to the island spend a week or two, and see the lay of the land.