Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Cayman International Schools???

Cayman International Schools???

Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:47 am
Just Joined

jjbaboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cayman International Schools???

Hi.
We are moving to Cayman in the New Year and have 3 children aged 6, 3 and 1. I see there are 4 (I think) international schools where we can send our eldest. Does anyone have any advice on which school to go for? I wonder if there really is a choice of 4 or whether most expats seem to go for 1 or 2 of the schools. I also see that 3 of the schools are church schools, do you think they are like church schools in the UK or a bit 'heavier'? I really want to get this right and not sure I'm going to have a chance to come out before the actual move so grateful for some candid advice!
Thanks.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cayman International Schools???

Of the private schools, Triple C and Truth For Youth could be considered as "heavy", in the religious sense, and Cayman Prep and Catholic as "normal", I guess. There is also the International School at Camana Bay. But check this website http://www.caymannewresident.com/ - Education is one of the items on the side menu. Expats aren't allowed to go to the free government schools.

Sorry I don't know details, but I'm well beyond childbearing age (smile) so am not personally interested.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

jjbaboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cayman International Schools???

Thanks Gordon.