Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Canadian's making the move to Caymans

Canadian's making the move to Caymans

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

bradshaws is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian's making the move to Caymans

Thank god we found this website!

My husband and I are seriously considering moving to the Cayman Islands We live in Alberta and have very stable good paying jobs here however we both want a "life adventure" Luckily we are young (mid twenties) with no children other than our pooch.

My husband is a firefighter and I am a paramedic. Has anyone been in similar fields and made the move?

We want to stay in our career choice and we havent been able to find much of anything regarding our professions on the island. We've contacted a recruiting agency and we are waiting to hear back from them however it seems they caterered to finance and legal jobs.

We are going to continue researching the island, reading blogs and keeping our ears open for any info....so any feedback would be welcomed!!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian's making the move to Caymans

Don't really know about your recruitment in your fields but a Dr Shetty hospital is being built and there should therefore be a demand for medical personnel. Probably best to get on the phone and call around. The recruitment agencies do mainly deal in admin and finance. I think it would be difficult to get a firefighter job as the Govt are pretty broke and less likely to hire foreigners. Still you could get the number of the fire chief and call him up.. You are more likely to get a response by calling than emailing. Have a look at ecayonline.com.
Good luck.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

bradshaws is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian's making the move to Caymans

Orangepants, I was hoping you would respond! I have read alot of your comments and I tried to pm you but was unable to :s Thanks for your advice, we are definitely going to try calling directly.