Advice please

Old Jan 28th 2018, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

crossap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice please

Hi,

I may have the possibility to relocate to Grand Cayman via my current employer and have a couple of questions that I would appreciate if someone could answer.

It would be myself, spouse and 2 children relocating, the plan is to put them down as dependents for their visas.

1 - My wife is interested in starting her PGC in teaching (we had planned to start it in the UK) We have seen that the UCCI offers the same course. My question is: Can my wife study this course while on a spouse visa? additionally, when completing the course and seeking work can she apply for her work permit while still living in Cayman or would we need to apply from the UK?

2 - Please can you let me know what the Savannah area is like to live in? (I read that its popular with young families) I have seen a few very nice properties in the area that would be within our budget. I would be working in George town and would also like to know the approx commute time via car?

thanks
Old Jan 30th 2018, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice please

Cross. Your employer should be willing to answer all your questions. Almost all employers do that.

Your wife can apply for any job in Cayman while a resident of Cayman, and take courses at UCCI or ICCI: no problem there. She and your children will be recorded as your dependents on "your" Work Permit. I write "your" because it's technically your employer's Permit; you will be a mere indentured servant, according to our Laws!

Savannah is fine to live in, generally speaking. The commute is about 40-60 minutes in the rush hours to and from work. That's in a car; on a scooter it's 20-30 minutes, I'm told.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

TandD2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Worth considering though, a British PGCE takes you all over the world (to Cayman in my case!) ones from other countries not so much depending on where they are from. May be worth checking out where she can teach if she graduates here.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TandD2017
Worth considering though, a British PGCE takes you all over the world (to Cayman in my case!) ones from other countries not so much depending on where they are from. May be worth checking out where she can teach if she graduates here.
Ah well, I can't help you there. I didn't even know what a PGCE was until I Googled it!