Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Cayman Islands
Reload this Page >

Advice needed - Finance Director with young family

Advice needed - Finance Director with young family

Old Jan 10th 2013, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

sarahblake is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Advice needed - Finance Director with young family

Hi
Could anyone help us with some advice.
We are thinking hard about moving out to the Caymen Islands as a family
My husband is a qualified account - up to senior FD level (but not financial services)
I'm an HR Director (happy to do anything though)
We have a 2 year old daughter - will prob be 3 or 4 when we move

We have some really basic questions (sorry!)
1Looks like there are lots of finance jobs - are we right and does it matter t hat he doesn't have a financial services background?
2 What about HR jobs - we can't see any? If I don't work is that a problem as long as my husband does?
3 We only have one daughter coming with us but we keep reading that if you have more than one dependent they have to go to private school - is that right and by dependent I take it they mean child as perhaps only one of us will have a job to go out to?
4What are the schools like?

If anyone can help us at all we would be so grateful
Thanks!!

So sorry to do this
Old Jan 10th 2013, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed - Finance Director with young family

Sarah. Google "New Resident Cayman" and read the magazine. It will answer most of your general questions. As for jobs: you can't just turn up and hope for jobs. You can either register with one of the employment agencies, or keep your eyes open for job adverts in the FT and other English papers. Once you have a prospective employer, he will probably interview you in London (I presume you are in England), and once you have a job lined up, he will answer all your other questions.

But I have to say there isn't much point in applying for jobs this far ahead. Who knows what the situation will be two years from now? For background information you should check out some of the local blogs, including mine.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 7:53 am
Just Joined

sarahblake is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Advice needed - Finance Director with young family

Thank you Gordon
I will have a good read of your suggested sites/magazines.
I know it's earliest days, and of course everything can change, I guess it's just trying to work out if it's even a possibility given all of our circumstances.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, it's such a big step isn't it!