Why Grenada

Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Earl of Spice is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Why Grenada

Hi you spice lovers:
I am at an age(50's) where I am considering retirement in the near future:
This is a big decision and I need to convince the wife from St Lucia, that probabily the best place on earth is Grenada.
Hi people: start convincing us!!!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:57 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Grenada

Originally Posted by Earl of Spice
Hi you spice lovers:
I am at an age(50's) where I am considering retirement in the near future:
This is a big decision and I need to convince the wife from St Lucia, that probabily the best place on earth is Grenada.
Hi people: start convincing us!!!
Where are you from ? We can't convince you, only you can convince yourself.
They are both beautiful islands with a similar topography. Grenada is a little more laid back. Your only option is to go and spend a couple of months on each island and see where you feel most at home.

If your wife is from St lucia and has family there, you may have a very hard job trying to convince her to retire to another island.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Why Grenada

Hi Pgtips

I was trying to get feed back from people who were in a similar situation or predicament and wish to share their words of wisdom, encouragement etc, what ever the facts good or bad, we are hoping to use this info. to help in moving forward.why Grenada?
PS: I am from?? next time.....

EOS
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:55 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pgtips

I was trying to get feed back from people who were in a similar situation or predicament and wish to share their words of wisdom, encouragement etc, what ever the facts good or bad, we are hoping to use this info. to help in moving forward.why Grenada?
PS: I am from?? next time.....

EOS
Earl of Spice, I would say I am in a similar position to you.
I am St Lucian/Dominican by descent. My wife is a born and bred Trini.
However her father is Grenadian. So we have had similar discussions.
We have already invested in St Lucia, but that is our personal choice after spending quite a bit of time on the island. Ironically we have good friends from Grenada who live in st lucia. I also know a chap from Grenada who is married to a Jamaican heritage wife, and they now both love living in Grenada.

Its apples and pears you're asking, and the only way you are really going to know is do what we all did and go and spend a little time on both islands and see where you both feel more at home.

Whichever island you choose you will only be a short plane (30 min) away from the other island so visiting will be a doddle. There is even a regualar ferry service starting between the islands.

Last edited by pgtips; Sep 27th 2010 at 9:05 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Why Grenada

Hi
Thanks for some good advice, keep them coming, its a matter of personal choice.
My wife and I are fortunate to be in full time employment, the irony of this is we cannot afford the time period to spend months on each Island due to current work commitments
We only get to visit for two/three weeks at a time, spending one week on each island. This is not enough time to get a taste for island life.
We were both born on each island respectively and travelled to the UK when we were both ten (coincidentally). I love both island but preference is Grenada, reasons: I love the Island and have more family connections, my wife do not have as strong a family ties, but I would like to know that she is comfortable with her choice? secretely I am trying to influence her.
I was born in St David's. But my choice of location will be......?.next time.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:55 am

Hi
Thanks for some good advice, keep them coming, its a matter of personal choice.
My wife and I are fortunate to be in full time employment, the irony of this is we cannot afford the time period to spend months on each Island due to current work commitments
We only get to visit for two/three weeks at a time, spending one week on each island. This is not enough time to get a taste for island life.
We were both born on each island respectively and travelled to the UK when we were both ten (coincidentally). I love both island but preference is Grenada, reasons: I love the Island and have more family connections, my wife do not have as strong a family ties, but I would like to know that she is comfortable with her choice? secretely I am trying to influence her.
I was born in St David's. But my choice of location will be......?.next time.
EofSpice,

I do not think your wife will be disappointed with Grenada. All the people I know who have returned to Grenada seem happy and settled. Ironically the new ferry service will be operating from Grenada. At least her family in St Lucia will have a new place to visit. We have family in Trinidad, St Lucia, Dominica, Grenada, St Martin and Antigua, so I am looking forward to the ferry service being up and running efficiently.

Last edited by pgtips; Sep 28th 2010 at 7:04 am.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Thanks pgtips

The ferry will help to bring the islands closer, great welcome.
Anyone else out there with great words of reassurance!!!
Come on lets have the chat!!thumbup:

EOS: