Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

What Do i Need To Enter The Carribean ???

What Do i Need To Enter The Carribean ???

Old Apr 13th 2010, 11:49 am
Just Joined

pianoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Do i Need To Enter The Carribean ???

Hi

Looking to visit the Caribbean for the first time, first to get a feel, then maybe with the intention to live and work there, will be going from the UK. Does anyone know what the legal formalities are in order to enter the Caribbean? is it similar to the US meaning one would need a VWP to enter or H2-B visa to work there?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:30 am

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Do i Need To Enter The Carribean ???

Originally Posted by pianoman
Hi

Looking to visit the Caribbean for the first time, first to get a feel, then maybe with the intention to live and work there, will be going from the UK. Does anyone know what the legal formalities are in order to enter the Caribbean? is it similar to the US meaning one would need a VWP to enter or H2-B visa to work there?
The Caribbean is not one country under one government like the UK. It consist of several islands, all with their own governments and different rules.
You will have to narrow your search down to a specific island and see what the criteria for that island is.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

caymancop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Do i Need To Enter The Carribean ???

Be very very very aware, and if you trust nothing you are told until it is proven, you should be all set.

Just please be careful, and be prepared to experience the 'village council' mentality on a nationwide scale. Bear in mind that these countries are effectively run by half a dozen people each, so be prepared.

I would not want you to be put off the region as a whole, but certain countries have a way of bleeding you dry, of resources and faith, so be sure it's what you want. I would recommend viewing it as a temporary post.