Visas

Old Mar 22nd 2018, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

wreathlady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visas

Hi Guys

We have lived in Canada for twelve years and still travel on UK passports (citizenship in the pipeline lol). Would we need some kind of visa to travel to Cuba or the Dominican Republic? I've googled and get different info, contacted the UK consulate, they never replied.
We've been on cruises to the south etc and and flew out of the US and didn't need anything other than the regular 3 month visa. We did have an ESTA when we flew out of Toronto to the US...so not sure about going to these Islands?

Thanks

Mal
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 6:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visas

If you hold a Canadian PR card then you don't need a visa to visit the Dominican Republic as a tourist. You'll need a tourist card for Cuba.

Consular Services | CUBADIPLOMATICA
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 7:34 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

I think the cuban visa is about 50us. You also need health insurance valid in cuba for cuba. NB this means practically you have to buy cuban insurance at the vast cost of about 4 us dollars a week.

Dom Rep just stamp your passport which i assume is sone sort of visa on entry paid for by the airline ticket or maybe really free, but dont go over to Haiti, they will charge you some fee when you re-enter.
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Two or three years ago my wife and I (both UK passport-holders) went to Havana for the weekend, flying from Cayman on our local airline; and we bought our visas when we landed. I'm pretty sure it's the same procedure now. There's probably something about it online.