Turks and Caicos

Old Jun 21st 2014, 7:09 am
Just Joined

Candice1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Turks and Caicos

Hi There,

I'm new to this forum, my partner is considering a move to Turks and Caicos and I will be joining him. Does anyone have any up-to-date info on what life is like in TCI?

If possible it would be great to have some information on the following

-What are the average costs of living are for things like rent, utilities, food, a car , petrol etc

- We are looking to live on Provo, are there any no go areas? Where should we be looking to live ?

-How easy or hard is it for someone who comes over from the uk as a dependent to get a job on the island? (My partner will be employed in the legal sector over there ). I have a bachelors degree in Economics and work experience in the following areas: merchandising, accounts and HR.

- I would say that we're a young couple I'm 28 and he is 36 with no children yet, so I would like to know is there lots to do on the island for entertainment. Is it easier to make friends with expats and non expats?

- I know it will be very different from London, we always vacation in Caribbean but we usually go to Southern islands like Barbados, St Lucia, Trinidad. So I am aware that the pace of life on the islands is a lot slower than London.

If anyone has got any info or tips, especially if you have moved over from the UK that would be great

Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of
Default Re: Turks and Caicos

T&Caicos is expensive. Far more than the ones you have been to.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Candice1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Turks and Caicos

Thanks Anuny,

We will be relocating from London, UK where the cost of living is high. Is Turks more expensive than London?

Also do you have any info about life in Turks?