Quiet?

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

3aces is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quiet?

Is it me or has it got a bit quiet in here? Impact of the world recession?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Scottylad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Quiet?

Hi 3aces
Been on holiday in St Lucia and have heaps of work to do this week to catch up, and been updating you know what with my photos and videos etc. Hope you visit now and again. I should pick my holidays more carefully as our financial year ended 28th. February and I have an audit next week, the tax year ends Sunday, and I had a VAT return to get in on Tuesday. As nobody does any of my work while I am away this has been a very hectic week. However, I am up to date now with the work for my auditor so can spend a bit more time now on British Expats. Will be great when the auditor has finished so I can relax over Easter.
Have posted another couple of replies today and should be back to normal viewing habits by the end of next week
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:27 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 3aces
Is it me or has it got a bit quiet in here? Impact of the world recession?
Maybe the quiet before the storm !!! Things will eventually get back on track, or maybe the recession is just biting harder than a vexed mosquito.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pgtips
Maybe the quiet before the storm !!! Things will eventually get back on track, or maybe the recession is just biting harder than a vexed mosquito.
HI Pgtips
Seems like I have certainly got your attention and perhaps 3aces was right and things have got rather quiet. I appreciate your comments, particularly regarding the Bayview Estate and will send a PM regarding this. You may be of some help in certain regards.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

glitterycloud will become famous soon enoughglitterycloud will become famous soon enough

My computer is currently somewhere on the atlantic ocean as we speak hence my difficulty in posting!
Lets keep all our fingers crossed that my container makes it over all safe and well
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

I'm headed down for a visit in May, and then back again in June..
Old Apr 4th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Good to hear from your Scottylad. I know what it is like when the auditors come to visit

I was hoping to be in SLU over the easter period but due to work commitments won't be out there until July now but I will be there for a whole month

I will email you nearer the time with my dates and if you want us to send updated pictures or videos of the progress made just let me know.

Anyone in SLU in July/early August fancy meeting up for a rum or two????
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

One of the perks of being your own boss - a whole month on holiday Good that you have been busy though.
Got rid of the auditors thankfully but our server melted in the heat last Wednesday so have been computerless for a while and had to submit my report to the FSA so did that at home, but even there had internet connection problems. All sorted now but a lot of catching up to do workwise.
Any photos or videos while you are there will be greatly appreciated as I think there is only one buyer going out in June I think.
We are planning our next holiday for November, but this will be to Florida with some family so don't expect to be back in St Lucia until next year, but if we need to sign any paperwork may get a week there. Will let you know if and when.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Florida is a great holiday destination, one of my favourite places. Which part of are visiting?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

We have now booked the 13th November for two weeks at the Daytona Seabreeze at Daytona Beach (the quiet part) with daughter, partner and 3 children and our other daughter so it will be hectic. We went a few years ago, on our own, to Delray Beach and West Palm Beach, a week at each and we enjoyed it, although not the airport security. We've got our flights and car hire sorted so now we just have to wait. We usually organise holidays at the last minute so this will be a change for us.
Where are you staying in St Lucia?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Interesting that you mentioned airport security. I had a nightmare with them a couple of years ago at Orlando airport. Been going there for years and on this occasion decided to search my hand luggage and ask a host of stupid questions! Probably because I was the only black face on the plane (yes, controversial but there was an article in the Times not long ago about the treatment of Black and Asian citizens by security in the US and Australia).

Okay, back in topic , we are staying in the Cap Estate, rented a nice villa there
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

3Aces
Business must be doing well - a whole month renting at Cap Estate!!!
Don't think colour matters to US immigration as we were well late at Atlanta and I had recently had a hip replacement but depite the lateness still had to take my shoes off even though I could hardly bend and with the lateness had to run/hobble to get our connection. (In the end our plane was cancelled and we had to wait hours for a replacement - and this threw our seating plan into disarray, but we won't talk here about Delta Airlines). Perhaps my Scottish attitude was more of a disadvantage to US immigration than my colour????
Whatever, I am dreading US immigration this time as we went in 2003 and it has got worse since I believe.
Gave you another mention in my latest post so hope you get some hits. Where are you based in UK?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

P.S.
Do you get a trade discount for rentals at Cap Estate?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Scottylad,

I'm based in Leicester and no I don't get a trade discount on villas in the Cap Estate (wish I did...lol)

I know what you mean about security and immigration in Atlanta I know a couple of people who have had problems with them as well but I've never had any issues with them.

By the way, thanks for the post
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi 3aces

Have you managed to fix your holiday dates yet? Our last member to visit hasn't really been able to post much in the way of progress as there hasn't been any of note and we have another going out on 23rd. July so hopefully he will be able to post some progress reports.

If you can find out anything on your visit or send some photos that would be great and if you don't mind trying to get some up to date sales details as I'm sure they are still giving out some slightly misleading rental projections.

How's business - still busy? I've been buying some more domain names and playing around with setting up my own rental website but it's early days yet, although I hope to publish it in a few months even though our villa won't be finished for another year at least. Just not quite sure how far in advance to start as I know it takes time to get the site noticed.

Hope you have a nice relaxing holiday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.