Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Moving to St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Moving to St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Old Aug 5th 2010, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

frank1961 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Originally Posted by qsch
Dear Frank, We have been living in The Grenadines on Bequia for over 30 years. We love it here and believe it or not, I would say Bequia is the favorite in St. Vincent and The Grenadines where especially British expats like to purchase property and settle down. You can purchase a nice building plot for 100k USD and above. Cottages and houses go from 300k USD upwards. We have also assisted numerous families (canadian, german, english, scottish, norwegian, swedish + more) over the years who have moved or own property here and they all like and enjoy it very much. Let me know if you require further details or message me and I would be happy to get back to you.

Best, QSCH
Dear QSCH,
Thank you. We have looked at properties listed online by Bernards Realty and other companies. We beleive that purchassing a lot in the best location with a spectacular view is the way to go. We would build in time. We are not wealthy people by any means, and consequently, investing in Bequia is certainly not as financially attractive (because of the asking price) as purchassing in Florida, for example, or even in the Greek islands, where you get a much bigger bang for your dollar. We are not looking to steal a piece of land, but should you know of anyone looking to sell at a fair price (in light of the worldwide economic situation), then we are interested. Otherwise, we will sit it out, let others pay exorbitant prices (although people are not throwing their $ away, and its a buyers market), and start looking when the sellers become realistic or truly want to sell.
Best regards, Frank 1961
Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

qsch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frank1961
Dear QSCH,
Thank you. We have looked at properties listed online by Bernards Realty and other companies. We beleive that purchassing a lot in the best location with a spectacular view is the way to go. We would build in time. We are not wealthy people by any means, and consequently, investing in Bequia is certainly not as financially attractive (because of the asking price) as purchassing in Florida, for example, or even in the Greek islands, where you get a much bigger bang for your dollar. We are not looking to steal a piece of land, but should you know of anyone looking to sell at a fair price (in light of the worldwide economic situation), then we are interested. Otherwise, we will sit it out, let others pay exorbitant prices (although people are not throwing their $ away, and its a buyers market), and start looking when the sellers become realistic or truly want to sell.
Best regards, Frank 1961
Dear Frank, Thanks for your mail. (SNIP)

Bequia and the Grenadines have always been a good place to invest due to the fact the land prices have been increasing quite steadily. We have seen it over the last 30 years and even now with the recession, have not been affected too much, although prices are still lower in comparison to the more saturated parts of the Caribbean like Barbados, St. Lucia etc. In general it is also cheap to live here and tax is low.

To purchase property is also easy with several competent attorneys. (SNIP)
Best Wishes and looking forward hearing back from you, QSCH

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 6th 2010 at 3:16 pm. Reason: Please dont solicit for business on the forums
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

I am sure if you have been to St. Vincent, you will realize it is not easily accessible. It is not like Cayman or Bahamas, a quick hop and you are in Miami,New York,Toronto,Atlanta etc.

While it is quite affordable compared to other islands, you will have to adjust a lot compared to living in say Cayman, or Barbados.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:36 am
Just Joined

frank1961 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qsch
Dear Frank, Thanks for your mail. We can definitely find a few nice pieces and various options for good prices. Most properties we have amazing views. Someone mentioned above that they would recommend you to visit. I would definately recommend that aswell.

(SNIP)

Bequia and the Grenadines have always been a good place to invest due to the fact the land prices have been increasing quite steadily. We have seen it over the last 30 years and even now with the recession, have not been affected too much, although prices are still lower in comparison to the more saturated parts of the Caribbean like Barbados, St. Lucia etc. In general it is also cheap to live here and tax is low.

T(SNIP)

Best Wishes and looking forward hearing back from you, QSCH

Dear QSCH,
I had no idea you were in the buisiness, but am pleased to make your aquantaince. Old Fort Estates, I have viewed, but never looked at Real Grenadines. My girlfriend (common law partner) is from St Vincent and her father is a building contractor. I will be headed your way sometime in the late fall or in January. I would love to visit the Camelot property you is listed for 1.8 if my memory is correct. Is the sellor serious, or what....
Anyways, please advise me if a beautiful piece of land with a spectacular view is for sale at a very reasonable price. We are serious about this. I want to build (or buy, if its available) something small (2 bedrooms, 2 bath., nice sized porch-veranda- with a hell of a view, no pool, upscale construction and finishings and details) in a great location (close to a great beach and popular bars and eateries). I am not foolish, I know that there is a premium to be paid for something special--and I am seriously interested. On the other hand, I am not foolish enough to pay the outrageous asking prices of unrealistic vendors. Please do not misinterpret me. I am not blaming you, the listing agents. You have a certain obligation to represent your clients wishes, desires and their interests.
Please let me know. Even if there is something in a more remote area, but that is a deal someone serious should not pass up, I am interested. A great deal (quality-Price ratio) is a great deal, and I am interested.
I do not want to waste your time, please keep me informed.
Frank

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 6th 2010 at 3:17 pm. Reason: Quote edited
Old Aug 6th 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

qsch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by frank1961
Dear QSCH,
I had no idea you were in the buisiness, but am pleased to make your aquantaince. Old Fort Estates, I have viewed, but never looked at Real Grenadines. My girlfriend (common law partner) is from St Vincent and her father is a building contractor. I will be headed your way sometime in the late fall or in January. I would love to visit the Camelot property you is listed for 1.8 if my memory is correct. Is the sellor serious, or what....
Anyways, please advise me if a beautiful piece of land with a spectacular view is for sale at a very reasonable price. We are serious about this. I want to build (or buy, if its available) something small (2 bedrooms, 2 bath., nice sized porch-veranda- with a hell of a view, no pool, upscale construction and finishings and details) in a great location (close to a great beach and popular bars and eateries). I am not foolish, I know that there is a premium to be paid for something special--and I am seriously interested. On the other hand, I am not foolish enough to pay the outrageous asking prices of unrealistic vendors. Please do not misinterpret me. I am not blaming you, the listing agents. You have a certain obligation to represent your clients wishes, desires and their interests.
Please let me know. Even if there is something in a more remote area, but that is a deal someone serious should not pass up, I am interested. A great deal (quality-Price ratio) is a great deal, and I am interested.
I do not want to waste your time, please keep me informed.
Frank
Hey Frank, There are so many options around, it is hard to pin point one or two. (SNIP
There are many houses and properties in St. Vincent. I would recommend you to visit, plan some days in Bequia aswell, then we will show you around and we can discuss the various options.

My guess is once you get here you will like the Grenadines so much you will probably be looking for a plot here, one which you can get for a good price!

It would also be helpful to receive your email address so that we can be in direct contact in the future.

Best Wishes, Quirin

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 6th 2010 at 3:18 pm. Reason: Please dont solicit for business pn the forum