Moving to Grenada.

Old Jul 11th 2015, 9:50 am
Just Joined

Spice Gurl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Grenada.

Hello,
I am a British woman with Caribbean descent. I fell in love with Grenada years ago and have the greatest desire to live there. I spent 3 months earlier this year to get a sample of Grenadian life and it is definitely what I want. My query is I have a Grenadian passport do I need any further documentation to live permanently there?
Also would it be best to have children here in the UK or Grenada in regards to citizenship.

Spice Gurl
Old Jul 13th 2015, 8:19 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Grenada.

If you have a valid grenadian passport, you have to be a citizen, presumably by being born there. If you are a citizen thats all you need to live work buy property etc, might need to get a card to work, but thats just a formality. A grenada birth certificate will prove citizenship. If you have kids in grenada, i know that getting them uk cirtizenship is doable but is a hassle i suspect, and may cost money. If they are born in the uk, they get british citizenship, and you just fill in the relevant form to give them grenadian citizenship (and pay about 60 pounds.)
Old Jul 13th 2015, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Spice Gurl is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your answers Bob you've been very helpful. However I'm still slightly confused lol I have obtained my passport via descent. I don't have a Grenadian birth certificate only a British one.
So is there any extra documents I need to become a citizen? Or am I a dual citizen?
Old Jul 14th 2015, 8:28 am

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

In order to get a passport you need to show a Gda birth certificate or a citizenship certificate, your parents may have got the citizenship for you?
Old Jul 14th 2015, 8:32 am

Possibly the rules changed at some point in the past. If in doubt call Joscelyn Whiteman, the Grenadian high commissioner in London at present, he or one of his team can answer it definitively. If you have a valid Grenadian passport, chances are you are a Grenadian I strongly suspect.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 8:35 am

Dual citizenship just means you have 2 citizenships, the countries probably don't know about each other's nationals and it's actually illegal in some places like the USA (for them in theory, but no one cares.)