Moving to Grand Turk

Old Jul 30th 2015, 9:33 am
Just Joined

CliveBroom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Grand Turk

I have applied for a job in Grand Turk and have been reading up on the island. What I can't seem to find is any websites that provide details of long term rentals. The contract for the job is two users and so Iwont be buying.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Clive
Old Aug 18th 2015, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Avianne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Grand Turk

I've been having the same problem, did you find anything? I have not yet moved though
Old Sep 18th 2015, 2:08 am
Just Joined

LottieR is an unknown quantity at this point

As I am sure you know already, Grand Turk is tiny. Beautiful, but tiny! To that end it doesnt have rental websites like other much larger, cosmopolitan cities/counties will have. Did you want a place to yourself or a share? A good step might be to get in touch with hotels, dive operators, restaurants on island etc, and let them know what you are looking for, dates etc. Because its a small place then everyone knows everyone, and you may find someone can make a contact for you. Good luck!
Old Sep 19th 2015, 7:23 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe, i visited the island on a cruise once, i seem to remember it being described as 12 jewellery stores, one for every 500 inhabitants? I wouldnt say its pretty, the derelict american sites are not nice, and the rest of the island is just sort of flat and dry with occasional heaps of things. I did go on the island tour. The sea and its inhabitants are absolutely stunning, looks very clean, and im sure the locals are friendly, but i think i might go stir crazy if i lived there. I thought that the other local islands were supposed to be much nicer however.