Moving to the Caribbean

Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

TERRYBENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the Caribbean

I have been trying to move to Barbados or Tobago for past couple of years but am getting nowhere with either country's immigration department, I want to open a bar (dont we all!) can anyone give me any advice? Is my best hope to start looking at one of the (expensive) French Islands??
Old Nov 20th 2003, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

hilt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to the Caribbean

Originally posted by TERRYBENT
I have been trying to move to Barbados or Tobago for past couple of years but am getting nowhere with either country's immigration department, I want to open a bar (dont we all!) can anyone give me any advice? Is my best hope to start looking at one of the (expensive) French Islands??

Hi Terry

I dont know if you have visited this site http://mytobago.info/index.htm
It is a sort of tourist site , BUT the people there have a great deal of experience with Tobago and some of them have emigrated there and may be able to help.
It may be worth a post.
(Go to their discussion forum)

I know Tobago quite well.
But have little knowledge of their immigration laws.
Dont know Barbados.

If you fancy a chat to exchange stories and info., then let me know.
I am also in Devon.
Where can you get a Carib?

cheers.
Old Nov 25th 2003, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Location: Margarita island off NE Caribbean coast of Venezuela
margaritabiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What about Margarita Island?

It´s very difficult to enter Barbados and other places. Why not try Margarita island off NE Caribbean coast of Venezuela. Only trouble is that it is a Spanish speaking island with quite a few other expat nationals around.
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

TERRYBENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What about Margarita Island?

Originally posted by margaritabiz
It´s very difficult to enter Barbados and other places. Why not try Margarita island off NE Caribbean coast of Venezuela. Only trouble is that it is a Spanish speaking island with quite a few other expat nationals around.
I visited Margarita two years ago, and whilst I enjoyed my holiday there could not see myself living on the island, nor it being that easy to earn a living as it seemed very poor, and I would have thought dealing with the Venesuelan government would be quite tricky, but thanks for the thought!

regards

Terry