Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Living in the Dominican Republic going back to UK

Living in the Dominican Republic going back to UK

Old Sep 15th 2014, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

mumanddad88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in the Dominican Republic going back to UK

Hello everyone,
I am looking for information on returning to the UK with my Dominican wife. My father has said he is willing to sponsor my wife. He will provide us with a home and complete the sponsorship forms required stating that he will support her for the 5 year period.
I have emailed the UK visa service and made phone calls however, i can not get a direct answer to my direct question which is .
Can my father sponsor my wife to come and live in the UK?
Can anyone help??
Many thanks
Rick
Old Sep 15th 2014, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in the Dominican Republic going back to UK

It might be better to post in the Moving Back to the UK forum as there are lots of people doing it and you'll get some good advice.
There are two ways to do it - if you have a job in which you earn over a certain amount, approx 19K GBP or have a certain amount in savings - about 63K. I don't believe that a third party can sponsor. Can your father gift you the amount in cash in advance?
Ask over there they'll be able to give you more information.

Good luck.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Can your father gift you £63,000 ? If not, then you don't have much chance.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 3:44 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumanddad88
Hello everyone,
I am looking for information on returning to the UK with my Dominican wife. My father has said he is willing to sponsor my wife. He will provide us with a home and complete the sponsorship forms required stating that he will support her for the 5 year period.
I have emailed the UK visa service and made phone calls however, i can not get a direct answer to my direct question which is .
Can my father sponsor my wife to come and live in the UK?
Can anyone help??
Many thanks
Rick
He can't sponsor your wife, you are the only person who can sponsor, and fulfil the financial requirements. As has been said, he could GIVE you £62,500 but it must be a gift and not a loan, and you woulld need it in your account for the period of getting the visa.