Housing Allowance?

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Nexstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Housing Allowance?

I've been lurking in the shadows for the past few days, most of the questions I had have already been answered from the informatin provided on this site. However I do have 1 question in particular.

I am in the process of negotiating a job in Hamilton, Bermuda. Salary is over $100K and the length of the contract is 3yrs with the possiblity of extending. As great as $100K sounds I've realized that doesnt get you as much as you would think.. lol.

My question is, is it common pratice or not for employers to provide a housing allowance?? I was looking at some 1bdrm apt's in the range of $2000 - $2500 which over the course of the year is $24K-30K!

I know that every company is different so its a YMMV kind of thing.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Housing Allowance?

A housing allowance is reasonably common in Bermuda, but if you were getting one they would certainly have mentioned it by now as an integral part of the package.

Remember at least it is tax free, so if you are bringing home $9k a month, having $6k left over is not too shabby.