Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean
Reload this Page >

Getting GF over from Cuba?

Getting GF over from Cuba?

Old Jul 14th 2015, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

AriesJo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting GF over from Cuba?

Hi, I need help getting my girlfriend over from Cuba to the UK. I have been living there for a few months and I met a girl. I have gone on to the visa application and I am shocked at how complicated it is. I would like to get her over for a holiday, or a few months if this is possible?

I think I need to declare that I'm a sponsor, provide a bank statement for my savings account to demonstrate I have money? And she will be stayed with me so I can provide records that I own where I live, and declare that I will pay flights and medical expenses. But is this enough?

I don't know if it would be better for her to say she is coming to the UK to improve her English, and that she must return after three months because she has family in Cuba.

I'm totally lost as to what is the best way to approach it. Do I try and get her over for three months (within the next 6 months period).
Does it make it more likely or less likely to be successful if I say she's my girlfriend? (I was thinking it might be better to say friend).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 2:29 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting GF over from Cuba?

Tell the truth, they are smart people with good resources. If you or she are caught out lying this will go against her if she later applies for a different sort of visa, if she is refused entry now she can also be banned for a while. All they want to know for a girlfriend visiting is that someone has funds and a place for her to stay and that she is goung back so a job or studying in cuba to return to is useful... Dont overstay for the same reason. She can go the total overstayer illegal route but its not needed... NB when they ask if you are going to marry her, the answer is how would i know, but i'll do it legally if it happens...
Old Jul 15th 2015, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

AriesJo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, this has really helped me.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

anuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud ofanuny has much to be proud of

Getting her out of Cuba is not easy. Marry her.