Barbados

Old Jun 15th 2016, 5:34 am
Just Joined

lovebarbados is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barbados

I have been here for almost 6 moths and my time is about up. My question is how long do I have to be gone from the Island before I can come back? In Barbados
Old Jun 15th 2016, 9:23 am
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barbados

Dont know for certain about barbados, but usually you can renew a visa on the island by paying a fee, or if you have to leave, next days ok.

BUT

This is probably a tourist visa, they have conditions like not working, and that you are just visiting for touristic reasons. Renewing for another 6 months isnt a normal tourist action. If you cant convince customs you have sufficient funds without working and are actually a bona fide tourist, they can just throw you out.

Im sure different islands have different levels of interest / compliance checking, but dont just assume you can renew a tourist visa without some evidences if needed.

Any of the regulars know about their islands? The grenadines will renew on island normally easily enough so long as you havent been in trouble, but they have the right to check you out in terms of living arrangements / not working / funds.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 2:59 pm

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

This is done case by case and why you got your 6 months in the first place...it as unique as if someone visited the uk from Barbados it will all depend on their financial ability to support themselves, their connecitons to the island, their reasons for wanting to stay, their age, marriage status etc etc etc

Other islands are less stringent than Barbados as Bim is the preferred island of choice for those in the Caricom also..no one can answer your question definitively because it will be dependant on the immigration officer at the airport when you re-enter and the details of your situation.

It used to be leave for a day and come back in but I think that with everyone closing their borders that is unlikely now with Barbados ...I would recommend a 3 month break to limit issues however have you considered asking for another extension?

Last edited by Serendipidy; Jun 15th 2016 at 3:02 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 3:33 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Serendipidy, am i right to think that a national from a caricom or possibky oecs state can just stay forever if they are financially independant ? I realise workings another question but i thought there was a right to live?
Old Jun 15th 2016, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Good night guys thank you very much it was very helpful. My family live there but I don't. I have my own small business in a next island.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Serendipidy
This is done case by case and why you got your 6 months in the first place...it as unique as if someone visited the uk from Barbados it will all depend on their financial ability to support themselves, their connecitons to the island, their reasons for wanting to stay, their age, marriage status etc etc etc

Other islands are less stringent than Barbados as Bim is the preferred island of choice for those in the Caricom also..no one can answer your question definitively because it will be dependant on the immigration officer at the airport when you re-enter and the details of your situation.

It used to be leave for a day and come back in but I think that with everyone closing their borders that is unlikely now with Barbados ...I would recommend a 3 month break to limit issues however have you considered asking for another extension?
Hola good night no I didn't considered asking for another extension because they give me 6 months.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 1:01 am
Just Joined

Keshiaking is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovebarbados
I have been here for almost 6 moths and my time is about up. My question is how long do I have to be gone from the Island before I can come back? In Barbados
You can come back the next day its up to you the only way u won't be able to come back is if u have been deported otherwise you ate free to go and come as u please once u haven't broken any law
Old Jun 16th 2016, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Keshiaking
You can come back the next day its up to you the only way u won't be able to come back is if u have been deported otherwise you ate free to go and come as u please once u haven't broken any law
Good morning thank you
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:04 am

Serendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond reputeSerendipidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Serendipidy, am i right to think that a national from a caricom or possibky oecs state can just stay forever if they are financially independant ? I realise workings another question but i thought there was a right to live?
I am not sure about the Caricom legalities ..and also not sure if Lovebarbados is from a Caricom country hence I said that each case is individually assessed
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Keshiaking
Hi Keisha what makes you think this is ok for somene with a visitor status..as per your next post I understand that you are not a visitor but a long term residence of Barbados and although this may work in your situation it is highly unlikely to wash with a visitor status.

I have heard of people being questioned after being away for 6 months ..why are you coming back so soon ..again this questions will be asked dependant on age etc ie a 70 year old may well not get asked such a question.

The airport immigration is a lottery with may of the decisions being made on the spot by the officer you speak to..some I know get 3 months others 6 months and others a week. Although I would be shocked to hear that someone on an expired visitors visa was allowed back on after popping over to Guyana or Trinidad for a day.

Immigration in every country is tighter than it has ever been ..due to the nature of the economy of small islands not being able to cope wit the influx and with the increase in security risk..if you cannot give a good reason why and how then dont expect a yes. The risks are too high.

Barbados is more strict than most of the other Caricom islands as like the UK in the European Union it is the preferred choice of destination
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by lovebarbados
Hola good night no I didn't considered asking for another extension because they give me 6 months.
Is it not worth asking depending on your reason for staying...especially if you have family there if for instance the reason was to look after a sick relative then I am sure it would be considered