A year yesterday!

Old Oct 28th 2014, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default A year yesterday!

Where did that 12 months go?

Started off in Kelowna in October, where we 'enjoyed' the winter until the end of February, when my current project started on site and we moved down to Abbotsford.

Now nearly 8 months in to our rental in Abbotsford and my BC PNP was submitted in July (I predict approval in late January), so it's time to start thinking about a mortgage and our own home.

Still have one apartment to sell in the UK. Unfortunately it's a retirement one from my late mother and the market for those is unpredictable. But it would be nice to have that extra deposit soon to reduce the size of mortgage we go for from the start...

I'm worried about the housing market here though - I can see BC heading for a personal credit precipice. Foreign investment will eventually price Canadians out of the housing market. Then there has to be a correction coming...
Old Nov 1st 2014, 2:19 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A year yesterday!

Happy Canniversary! The problem with the BC "correction" is that it has been due for thirty years, but never materialises! Too attractive a place for many people, and as the economy slowly intensifies, the value locks in.