Six Years Today !

Old Mar 26th 2014, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Graham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant future
Default Six Years Today !

So it is now six years to the day since I flew from Heathrow to Moncton ( NB ) via Halifax to meet my girlfriend from the Internet.
I was 61 years old and travelled with just two suitcases and an optimistic attitude. She is an Acadian from Caraquet and we lived together there for a year and a half. Her English improved, my French did not, so we decided that a more bilingual city would be better for us - hence Moncton.
A great city to live in, not too big, not too small.
Fantastic neighbours and first rate friends - we are very happy here.
Received my Citizenship two weeks ago, just waiting now for my new Canadian passport. Life is good and getting better. Just wish winters were a little shorter.
No regrets !!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 9:18 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Six Years Today !

Originally Posted by Graham-H
So it is now six years to the day since I flew from Heathrow to Moncton ( NB ) via Halifax to meet my girlfriend from the Internet.
I was 61 years old and travelled with just two suitcases and an optimistic attitude. She is an Acadian from Caraquet and we lived together there for a year and a half. Her English improved, my French did not, so we decided that a more bilingual city would be better for us - hence Moncton.
Received my Citizenship two weeks ago, just waiting now for my new Canadian passport. Life is good and getting better. Just wish winters were a little shorter.
No regrets !!

How brave you were - so glad that it all worked out for you!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 2:11 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm in Siouxie's club....well done you! I have not been to Caraquet yet, but hope to get there next summer, if it ever comes! I like Moncton, it is a nice City, much better shopping IMO than here in Fredericton.

I sincerely wish you every happiness, what a heartwarming story
Old Mar 28th 2014, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Graham-H
No regrets !!

Congrats, except for the lousy weather the Maritimes has been hit with this week.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 4:12 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Great story. Inspirational for those in similar circumstances.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

syedh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello sir .First i would like to congratulate you for the citizenship. I saw your post about getting a police report from Uganda and i need to do the same for my parents. My dad used to teach in Makerere University from 1978 to 1986. And now i need to get his police certificate but i don't know where to start from. I live in USA these days. Can you assist me a little bit and sorry to post my query here. Thanks .Looking forward to your reply
Old Nov 17th 2014, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Graham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant futureGraham-H has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by syedh
Hello sir .First i would like to congratulate you for the citizenship. I saw your post about getting a police report from Uganda and i need to do the same for my parents. My dad used to teach in Makerere University from 1978 to 1986. And now i need to get his police certificate but i don't know where to start from. I live in USA these days. Can you assist me a little bit and sorry to post my query here. Thanks .Looking forward to your reply
Hi, It has been a long time anyone addressed me as SIR haha I have been retired from teaching over fourteen years now.

I remember I tried hard to receive Police Clearance from Uganda but never actually got a reply. But I did keep copies of all my requests, registered letters and replies from Canada Post saying that they had tried to deliver the letter.
That seemed to convince Canada Immigration that I had REALLY tried to receive clearance.

I have a record of the address in Uganda - it is (was) :

International Criminal Police, Plot 2, Mabar Road, PO Box 2973, Kampala

Good luck with the application for your parents
Old Nov 17th 2014, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

syedh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you i will try my luck .. i just hope the process doesnt take too long
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Yes, I'm in Siouxie's club....well done you! I have not been to Caraquet yet, but hope to get there next summer, if it ever comes! I like Moncton, it is a nice City, much better shopping IMO than here in Fredericton.

I sincerely wish you every happiness, what a heartwarming story
+1 - nice story!