Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Our first Canniversary!

Our first Canniversary!

Old Oct 26th 2008, 5:22 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our first Canniversary!

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Congratulations B!! Sounds like you have made a great start on your new life out there in the sticks.....keep it up!
Flossie
Thanks Flossie, come and see us one day! Hope all is well with you
Old Nov 4th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

claire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really niceclaire600 is just really nice

Hi there

It was so reassuring to hear that it can work out when a child decides not to immigrate.

My son is sure he will not be joining us and has just began his first year at Uni as a mature student at 23 ... very worried about leaving him - but as you said they can decide what they want for their life He has a visa and it will be valid for some time if he changes his mind. Fingers crossed he will visit often.

Thank you again and congratulations on your 1st year

Claire
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:53 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I think once they have started at a UK Uni it is best that they finish there. Our daughter is 21 and I think it actually helped that she was at university and living away from home before we left, it was still a wrench and I miss her dreadfully but she has already visited twice and is coming again at Christmas. I suppose as long as we pay the ticket she will come as often as we are prepared to pay. Next year she needs to find a job and I guess the OH will stop the funding - we will wait to see what happens then re visits.