Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Our Canniversary tomorrow

Our Canniversary tomorrow

Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Canniversary tomorrow

Originally Posted by Solarfish

Summer is a little odd because I find myself desparate for the skiing/boarding to start again.
Only 99 days to go until Sunshine opens (mother nature dependant)

Originally Posted by gryphea
MAybe its something to do with the name because OH wa saying recently how much he missed skiing! Mine too

But the rockies- summer-fantastic. Get yourself out there. Buy a tent and come camping with us!!
I agree. I have had 7 nights camping so far this year and I am loving it! (I never thought I would enjoy it as much as I have, but its great, getting all grubby and being so close to nature .)
Gryph
Happy Canniversary Solarfish, may you have many more.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smelly
Only 99 days to go until Sunshine opens (mother nature dependant)
Yes they are planning for 7th November opening but I think the intention was similar last year and it ended up being the 17th so I suspect we are still looking at more than 100 days.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they are planning for 7th November opening but I think the intention was similar last year and it ended up being the 17th so I suspect we are still looking at more than 100 days.
You never know in '06 it opened dead on the 7th. That year was a bumper season of snow.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Edit: I see the new XS is available at Future Shop no great price, in fact they want more for it than an XSi.
Actually Best Buy has a very tempting deal at the moment on the XSi http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...gon=&langid=EN
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:20 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually Best Buy has a very tempting deal at the moment on the XSi http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...gon=&langid=EN
Looks like a very good deal.

The camera with only the 18-55 lens is 699.99
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...63&catid=20222

and the 55-250 lens if bought separately is $350
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...02&catid=26562

Is your birthday about to come early?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:40 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Canniversary
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a very good deal.

The camera with only the 18-55 lens is 699.99
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...63&catid=20222

and the 55-250 lens if bought separately is $350
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...02&catid=26562

Is your birthday about to come early?
Woow

This is amazing- I was looking at exact same cameras around the 15th July and they have come down in price by $100

Gryph
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I couldn't resist any longer, I bought the XSi with the standard lens for $699.99, nowhere has the second lens in stock, but I got Best Buy to give me a raincheck. So if the lens comes into the store I visited today within the next 30 days then I can buy it for $175 which is not bad at all. I have also ordered a delux accessory kit from Henrys which is $300 (and out of stock) in Best Buy and Henrys has it for $149.99 with 99c shipping!

Unfortunately I also bough about $700 worth of timber for the built in wardrobe which I feel may keep me busy for a while before I can start having too much fun with the camera.

Last edited by Solarfish; Aug 5th 2008 at 1:09 am.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Well I couldn't resist any longer, I bought the XSi with the standard lens for $699.99, nowhere has the second lense in stock, but I got Best Buy to give me a raincheck. So if the lense comes into the store I visited today within the next 30 days then I can buy it for $175 which is not bad at all. I have also ordered a delux accessory kit from Henrys which is $300 (and out of stock) in Best Buy and Henrys has it for $149.99 with 99c shipping!

Unfortunately I also bough about $700 worth of timber for the built in wardrobe which I feel may keep me busy for a while before I can start having too much fun with the camera.
That is good. I found my bit of paper and these were 874 a few weeks ago!

WE want exactly this camera and we have an EOS 75-300mm lens from our old SLR that will fit it!

How exciting!!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

That is good. I found my bit of paper and these were 874 a few weeks ago!

WE want exactly this camera and we have an EOS 75-300mm lens from our old SLR that will fit it!

How exciting!!
Actually our lens could be a 55-250, haven't looked at it for a while.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

They were willing to palm me off with the camera, 18-%%mm and 75-300mm for $875 in Future Shop yesterday, but the 55-250mm includes Image Stabilisation, and costs much more than the 75-300mm.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:02 am

I would almost bet money that it is the 75-300.

The 55-250 is an EFS lens specifically designed for the digital SLR's.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:04 am
Account Closed

saskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura aboutsaskia65 has a spectacular aura about

Not sure how to celebrate other than probably go out for something to eat and then have a few glasses when we get back.

I relayed many of our experiences in 'the article' but things have certainly gone well so far and all of the family seem happy here.

Summer is a little odd because I find myself desparate for the skiing/boarding to start again. We have also just got past three weeks of visitors so everything seems a little deflated now. But we are planning a trip in a few weeks because we need to 'land' so that should be good.

Nothing much else to say, I never contribute to this sort of thread anyway but so far life in Canada is everything we wanted and there are no thoughts of going back.

Cheers to all of you wherever you are in the process
Congrats glad it's all going well....
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:06 am

Well I couldn't resist any longer, I bought the XSi with the standard lens for $699.99, nowhere has the second lense in stock, but I got Best Buy to give me a raincheck. So if the lense comes into the store I visited today within the next 30 days then I can buy it for $175 which is not bad at all. I have also ordered a delux accessory kit from Henrys which is $300 (and out of stock) in Best Buy and Henrys has it for $149.99 with 99c shipping!
Congratulations on your purchase I am sure it will bring many years of fun photography.

I of course accept absolutely no responsibility for this in any way shape or form.

Well alright if I have to.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations on your purchase I am sure it will bring many years of fun photography.

I of course accept absolutely no responsibility for this in any way shape or form.

Well alright if I have to.
Well camera seems to be really good. Not had too much time to play with it but did manage to squeeze a few off yesterday (oo-er!) I was particularly impressed at how quickly it could take pictures as my previous digital cameras have all been point and shoot that seem to need a couple of seconds between shots and often the target has moved before the picture is taken.

Depth of field is also noticeably significantly different from the cheaper cameras and I had almost forgotten how much better it is looking through a view finder instead of at a screen (I have a feeling the Live View will get very little usage).

Of course when a RAW file is over 50Mb, I know that my little 512Mb SD card is not going to be much use, but I do have an 8Gb on order.

Thanks for the advise Steve, this was definitely a good buy.