Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Our Canniversary tomorrow

Our Canniversary tomorrow

Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold
Smile Our Canniversary tomorrow

Not sure how to celebrate other than probably go out for something to eat and then have a few glasses when we get back.

I relayed many of our experiences in 'the article' but things have certainly gone well so far and all of the family seem happy here.

Summer is a little odd because I find myself desparate for the skiing/boarding to start again. We have also just got past three weeks of visitors so everything seems a little deflated now. But we are planning a trip in a few weeks because we need to 'land' so that should be good.

Nothing much else to say, I never contribute to this sort of thread anyway but so far life in Canada is everything we wanted and there are no thoughts of going back.

Cheers to all of you wherever you are in the process
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Canniversary tomorrow

I'll tell you what, I'll have a glass tomorrow night too. Cheers.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canniversary Solarfish

Here's to many more

Jo
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canniversary!!!!!

Bx
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:19 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canniversary

My 14th wedding anniversary is almost over
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:47 am
Pissy Mare

Location: Previously Hertfordshire, now in Chester Basin, Nova Scotia :)
Stonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud ofStonedog has much to be proud of

Happy Canniversary
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:22 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Canniversary.

Did you get a camera yet?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

MAybe its something to do with the name because OH wa saying recently how much he missed skiing!

But the rockies- summer-fantastic. Get yourself out there. Buy a tent and come camping with us!!

Gryph
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Did you get a camera yet?
Not yet, funds a little low after 3 weeks of visitors (lots of activities and meals out) but I have a birthday coming up in October (in case OH sees this )
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Solarfish
Not yet, funds a little low after 3 weeks of visitors (lots of activities and meals out) but I have a birthday coming up in October (in case OH sees this )
Canon has a new entry level DSLR.

Don't think it is available in stores yet but maybe worth a look when it does become available.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1000d/
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Canon has a new entry level DSLR.

Don't think it is available in stores yet but maybe worth a look when it does become available.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos1000d/
How does this compare to the XSi?

I was going to get one for OH's birthday but we ran out of money. Think we will get it for Christmas for both of us though!!

Gryph
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by gryphea
How does this compare to the XSi?

I was going to get one for OH's birthday but we ran out of money. Think we will get it for Christmas for both of us though!!

Gryph
You'll have to read the reviews.

New XS review linked above.

XSi review here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos450d/

Older XTi review here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/

I had the original Rebel and loved it, I moved up to the 40D last November and I really, really like it.

Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of them so it's just what you decide and which one you can get the best deal on.
And the same applies for the Nikon DSLR's too.

I do prefer the Canon line and I think there might be more choice in lenses but that's a personal opinion.

I don't think the difference in megapixels makes any significant difference at all in picture quality, unless you make very large enlargements, which most of us don't.

Edit: I see the new XS is available at Future Shop no great price, in fact they want more for it than an XSi.

Last edited by Steve_P; Aug 1st 2008 at 4:03 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here a year too now, and they even let me back in after I went back to England for a few days recently .

Certainly seems to have gone by fast!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:54 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarfish
Not sure how to celebrate other than probably go out for something to eat and then have a few glasses when we get back.

I relayed many of our experiences in 'the article' but things have certainly gone well so far and all of the family seem happy here.

Summer is a little odd because I find myself desparate for the skiing/boarding to start again. We have also just got past three weeks of visitors so everything seems a little deflated now. But we are planning a trip in a few weeks because we need to 'land' so that should be good.

Nothing much else to say, I never contribute to this sort of thread anyway but so far life in Canada is everything we wanted and there are no thoughts of going back.

Cheers to all of you wherever you are in the process
I will have a couple for you ! Congrats
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:50 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Canniversary to both Solarfish and MarkG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.