Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

One Year in Edmonton Alberta

One Year in Edmonton Alberta

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One Year in Edmonton Alberta

Originally Posted by garrett8787
<snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 22nd 2009 at 7:14 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 1:54 am
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Linda P;8034941]
Originally Posted by London Mike
Having said all this, of course, we're moving to Toronto next year and not Edmonton ...

That made me smile

I have to say I am getting a bit fed up with all the Edmonton bashing.....it's a personal preference, if it's not the right fit for you and your family, then move on...doesn't mean it the wrong place for everyone, more room for the rest of us who happen to love it here, winters and all...

Linda
Sorry, didn't mean to bash....hate that and really don't have an opinion as I've never been there!!! I know there's an excellent art scene as I worked with people from there and they loved it......no more to say than that.....hubby said not as pretty as BC but probably more fun to live in with regards to the people.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lilybilly101;8035237]
Originally Posted by Linda P
Sorry, didn't mean to bash....hate that and really don't have an opinion as I've never been there!!! I know there's an excellent art scene as I worked with people from there and they loved it......no more to say than that.....hubby said not as pretty as BC but probably more fun to live in with regards to the people.
I didn't find your post 'bashing' your husband is from here and has lived it, decided it's not for him and is moving on
It's the people who can't understand why anyone else would live here and claim the place is the pits that bug me.

Linda
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 2:36 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>
...thanks for that - you're just the kind of person I was talking about in my original post. Ever thought about moving here - you'd feel right at home.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 22nd 2009 at 7:15 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:17 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>
So the fact that natives were run off the land, go herded into reserves and
mistreated by European settlers does not come into it then? Perhaps they feel the same way about your

Oh, and there is a reason there is a spell check on this site

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 22nd 2009 at 7:15 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:39 pm
Lost in Space

lilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to beholdlilybilly101 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Aviator
So the fact that natives were run off the land, go herded into reserves and
mistreated by European settlers does not come into it then? Perhaps they feel the same way about your

Oh, and there is a reason there is a spell check on this site
HERE, HERE!

How do 'self-respecting Prairie boys go nuts? Do they have nuts? Or do they get all chewed up about their own misfortunes and resent others?

Isn't there a moderator that sifts out bad spelling, racists on this forum? This is just unpleasant to read and contributes little to nothing.

Last edited by lilybilly101; Oct 22nd 2009 at 4:41 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:52 pm
Lost in Space

[QUOTE=Linda P;8035278]
Originally Posted by lilybilly101

I didn't find your post 'bashing' your husband is from here and has lived it, decided it's not for him and is moving on
It's the people who can't understand why anyone else would live here and claim the place is the pits that bug me.

Linda
The thing I'd LOVE to do most of all is an across Canada trip on the train but it's so, so expensive. Edmonton would be on the list of places to go for a trip down memory lane for him. Maybe we'll do it before I drag his sorry bum back to the UK....another place that gets LOTS of bad press....lots of it deservedly but home's home eh?

Take care and happy days in Edmonton.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 7:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't there a moderator that sifts out bad spelling, racists on this forum. This is just unpleasant to read and contributes little to nothing.
Yes, there are several of us. But we can't read every single thread! We all have lives, and jobs, and do this for free.

Please remember that we can only monitor so much - if you have an issue with something or believe a post breaks site rules, use the report button to bring it to our attention and then we will take any action that is required. That's what it's there for!!
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:13 pm
Lost in Space

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, there are several of us. But we can't read every single thread! We all have lives, and jobs, and do this for free.

Please remember that we can only monitor so much - if you have an issue with something or believe a post breaks site rules, use the report button to bring it to our attention and then we will take any action that is required. That's what it's there for!!
OH MY GOD, YOU PEOPLE ARE SO BLOODY SENSITIVE. I was saying it in a tongue and cheek way against the poster NOT YOU. For goodness sake this place is supposed to be supportive and it's far from that. I'm also new so didn't know I could alert you. Thanks for the info but I'll gladly move back to the UK without this unpleasasnt forum.

GOODBYE AND THANKS FOR NOTHING.............
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 8:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, relax lillybilly.. it was hard to tell it was a tongue in cheek comment (you'd be amazed what some people expect from 'mods').. now you know where the report button is (it looks like an exclamation point), so you're one step further.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 11:26 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Wow, relax lillybilly.. it was hard to tell it was a tongue in cheek comment (you'd be amazed what some people expect from 'mods').. now you know where the report button is (it looks like an exclamation point), so you're one step further.
One thing we don't expect is the 'attitude' of post #98.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 12:20 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I'm trying to say, there may not be any attitude in it.. I didn't see it that way, it's just a statement of fact.

It's easy to misunderstand each other in text-only; can we all let it go?
You're welcome to PM if you want to discuss further.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD, YOU PEOPLE ARE SO BLOODY SENSITIVE. I was saying it in a tongue and cheek way against the poster NOT YOU. For goodness sake this place is supposed to be supportive and it's far from that. I'm also new so didn't know I could alert you. Thanks for the info but I'll gladly move back to the UK without this unpleasasnt forum.

GOODBYE AND THANKS FOR NOTHING.............
It wasn't an attack on you in any way, even though you seem to have read it as that. Just stating the facts and hopefully pointing you in the right direction. Apologies if you took my post personally, I was just trying to answer what I thought was a genuine question/complaint about moderators and our job here.

If you're not sure about things like the report button, then have a read of the thread for newbies on the main page which explains all about things like that amongst other forum functions.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 23rd 2009 at 7:15 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:11 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
i wouldn't bother, it seems any kind of campaign regarding this particular moderator who is still, nearly 3 years after joining this forum not an expat or in canada, is doomed to failure.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
i wouldn't bother, it seems any kind of campaign regarding this particular moderator who is still, nearly 3 years after joining this forum not an expat or in canada, is doomed to failure.
I see our finest can't count - isn't it 2

I totally understand the sentiment though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.