British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   My ONE year Heart Anniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/my-one-year-heart-anniversary-903549/)

magnumpi Sep 19th 2017 3:38 pm

My ONE year Heart Anniversary

One year today they drilled into my wrist and sent in 4 stents into me to unblock my plumbing!! :amen:

That was after a year of Angina, many wrong diagnosis and later, being told by BE members to get my ass off to a hospital :ohmy:

Now I can run, (2-4km every day) walk fast and have a new lease on my life in Canada. :thumbup: I can even thrash my Seadoo without having chest pains :blink:

Thanks to all who gave me that final push to get my weary ass to a hospital, (even tho deep down I knew I was f@cled up) you all know who you are ;) and here's to a healthy life in Canada, now approaching 9 years :eek:

Jerseygirl Sep 19th 2017 3:42 pm

Re: My ONE year Heart Anniversary

Wow is it a year already? Seems more like 6 months. :blink:

Glad to hear you are fit again and making the most of life. Well done. :thumbsup:

Siouxie Sep 20th 2017 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12341632)
One year today they drilled into my wrist and sent in 4 stents into me to unblock my plumbing!! :amen:

That was after a year of Angina, many wrong diagnosis and later, being told by BE members to get my ass off to a hospital :ohmy:

Now I can run, (2-4km every day) walk fast and have a new lease on my life in Canada. :thumbup: I can even thrash my Seadoo without having chest pains :blink:

Thanks to all who gave me that final push to get my weary ass to a hospital, (even tho deep down I knew I was f@cled up) you all know who you are ;) and here's to a healthy life in Canada, now approaching 9 years :eek:

How time flies!

Very glad we are, that you are still around.. in every sense of the word.

:thumbup:

Piff Poff Sep 20th 2017 8:11 pm

That is great news.

BristolUK Sep 20th 2017 9:02 pm

Go easy on those spicy nuts mind. :thumbup:

magnumpi Sep 20th 2017 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12342785)
Go easy on those spicy nuts mind. :thumbup:

Better for me to have a handful of me spicy nuts than popping to Mac Tims for a bacon mc muffin ;)

BristolUK Sep 20th 2017 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12342848)
Better for me to have a handful of me spicy nuts than popping to Mac Tims for a bacon mc muffin ;)

I dunno...did your tongue go numb from bacon? :lol:

magnumpi Sep 20th 2017 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12342854)
I dunno...did your tongue go numb from bacon? :lol:

Ha ha no, love spicey stuff tho it's my downfall

Then I read this

Hot peppers have been shown to lower heart disease risk by decreasing levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol, increasing “good” HDL, and improving circulation. In fact, capsaicin is currently being studied for its ability to treat circulatory problems, hardening of the arteries, and irregular heart rhythm. Hot peppers also contain an impressively long list of antioxidants, including those known to help fend off aging

BEVS Sep 21st 2017 12:06 am

Originally Posted by magnumpi (Post 12341632)

Brilliant update.

Here is to decades more happy healthy life for you up there in Canadaland.

Howefamily Sep 21st 2017 3:14 pm

wow! Happy anniversary! :starsmile::starsmile::starsmile:

Jukeboxwidow Sep 21st 2017 5:39 pm

What a fantastic anniversary! well done, and enjoy your spicy nuts

Jerseygirl Sep 21st 2017 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Jukeboxwidow (Post 12343480)
What a fantastic anniversary! well done, and enjoy your spicy nuts

There must be a joke in there somewhere. Reminds me of this...

Schweddy Balls - Just in Time for Christmas | Saturday Night Live | Know Your Meme

bats Sep 21st 2017 9:49 pm

Ahhh, a good anniversary. It wouldn't be the same around here without you.

Dorothy Sep 21st 2017 10:51 pm

It doesn't seem like a whole year ago. Glad you took our advice and got it checked out, though.

pthom Sep 22nd 2017 12:40 pm

Well done :)