Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

How time has flown :)

How time has flown :)

Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How time has flown :)

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Hi, no stock for them to protect, but they have their paws full protecting us and the garage cats
Thank you for the compliment

They are 50- 50 their father is a Pyrenees and mother is a Maremma.
Looby looks more Maremma than Bernie and she has the barking tendency, where as Bernie has the infamous Pry paw actions.
I am biased but they are fantastic dogs and I feel so safe with them around .
I'm not really a dog person but years ago we stayed at a farmhouse B & B on the edge of the Peak District just to the SE of Manchester and they were Maremma breeders. Very nice dogs and to top it all off the B & B was like a rural version of Fawlty Towers...very quirky hosts. I don't think they run the B & B anymore but still breed Maremma's although this website seems to indicate that they do.

The Bed and Breakfast Directory , Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in the UK and Ireland
Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Red Deer is not so small. The population is around 114,000. In comparison the Edmonton and Calgary, I suppose it is Red Deer has all that we need.
It is a continually growing city. Though it is nice to visit Calgary and Edmonton. I usually end up in both at least 5 time as a year with work.

We do live on an acreage. We just love the rural life. Though I do miss having a take away delivered

I wish you best of luck in your new adventures
Old Nov 9th 2017, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Partially Discharged, the B & B sounds like it was fun.

Must admit I hadn't known about the Maremma breed until we got our two.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Partially Discharged, the B & B sounds like it was fun.

Must admit I hadn't known about the Maremma breed until we got our two.
Lots of fun. We were then when our kids were 10 and 6. It was run by a husband and wife. Husband had been in the merchant marine navy and had travelled all over the world and he was scottish. He had lots of stories but his wife seemed more interested in the dog breeding.

One day the husband served us breakfast and he started a sentence and didn't finish it as he headed into the kitchen and we didn't see him again and headed out of the breakfast room a while later. Ten hours later we head down for dinner in the dining area and he came out of the kitchen mid sentence and he was finishing the sentence he had been saying as breakfast ended.

Another time he was giving the most bizarre directions on the phone to somebody and telling them to ignore the GPS instructions.

The place is/was here:

https://goo.gl/maps/rWQpwZtY7oL2
Old Nov 10th 2017, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Red Deer is not so small. The population is around 114,000. In comparison the Edmonton and Calgary, I suppose it is Red Deer has all that we need.
It is a continually growing city. Though it is nice to visit Calgary and Edmonton. I usually end up in both at least 5 time as a year with work.

We do live on an acreage. We just love the rural life. Though I do miss having a take away delivered

I wish you best of luck in your new adventures

I think having a good take away curry is what I'll miss but I'm sure other things out weigh this

Best of luck to you, I hope you have many more happy years
Old Nov 15th 2017, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk,
Thank you.

I am sure there are some good takeaway places for curries in Calgary

Best of luck with your move and getting jobs.