British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canniversary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/)
-   -   How time has flown :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canniversary-103/how-time-has-flown-905466/)

Mad Jockette Nov 5th 2017 3:07 pm

How time has flown :)

Logged on to the site today, first time for a long time.

I realised how time has flown, I have been in sunny / snowy/ windy and beautiful Alberta for 8 years and 3 months. Hubby been here 7 years and 6 months. Now Canadian Citizens as of March 2016.
I have moved up the career ladder in work, to the level I was in the UK, have a great acreage and view of the mountains, two gorgeous Pyrenees/ Maremma puppies (well 4 and 2 years old). Still loving it and not even contemplating a move back to the UK.

Stinkypup Nov 5th 2017 5:51 pm

Re: How time has flown :)

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette (Post 12375210)

I realised how time has flown, I have been in sunny / snowy/ windy and beautiful Alberta for 8 years and 3 months. Hubby been here 7 years and 6 months. Now Canadian Citizens as of March 2016.
I have moved up the career ladder in work, to the level I was in the UK, have a great acreage and view of the mountains, two gorgeous Pyrenees/ Maremma puppies (well 4 and 2 years old). Still loving it and not even contemplating a move back to the UK.

Welcome back- it is like coming back to Coronation street after a long gap, nothing really changes! You seem to enjoying life to the full which is great (take note Oink... There are some of us out there!:lol:)

Re the bolded text...:wub: What a beautiful combination of breeds... you can't just drop that into a post without showing us a photo of the likely huge beauties :cool:

Mad Jockette Nov 5th 2017 10:51 pm

Stinkypup,

You are right, nothing seems to have changed, but a few more new neighbours have arrived :)
I am trying to upload a poi of the pups. Keep watching :)

For some reason I cannot up load the picture and it will not let me change my profile pic- arrghghh

Mad Jockette Nov 6th 2017 12:00 am

2 Attachment(s)
Not sure if this will work.
The dog standing is Bernie the Male, 4 years old and the other is LoobyLou the female 2 years old

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1509929910

http://britishexpats.com/forum/attac...1&d=1509929910

Stinkypup Nov 6th 2017 12:16 am

As expected beautiful- initially I felt more Pyrenean than Maremma but on second thoughts a nice 50% 50% split- do you have stock that they can show off their skills protecting?

Mad Jockette Nov 6th 2017 12:29 am

Hi, no stock for them to protect, but they have their paws full protecting us and the garage cats :)
Thank you for the compliment :)

They are 50- 50 their father is a Pyrenees and mother is a Maremma.
Looby looks more Maremma than Bernie and she has the barking tendency, where as Bernie has the infamous Pry paw actions.
I am biased but they are fantastic dogs and I feel so safe with them around .

Stinkypup Nov 6th 2017 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette (Post 12375589)
Hi, no stock for them to protect, but they have their paws full protecting us and the garage cats :)
Thank you for the compliment :)

They are 50- 50 their father is a Pyrenees and mother is a Maremma.
Looby looks more Maremma than Bernie and she has the barking tendency, where as Bernie has the infamous Pry paw actions.
I am biased but they are fantastic dogs and I feel so safe with them around .

That must have been what I thought above, first looking at him - more P then her- more M . Yeah, they are very loyal. My uncle had a beautiful Pyrenean- then a St Bernard called Havoc- appropriately named and then downsized to small dogs...Bernese :lol:

Mad Jockette Nov 6th 2017 2:15 am

That is quite a downsize from Pry, St B and then Burmese LOL.
I must admit I am not a small dog fan.

Stinkypup Nov 6th 2017 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette (Post 12375625)
That is quite a downsize from Pry, St B and then Burmese LOL.
I must admit I am not a small dog fan.

Me neither!
Bernese, not Burmese, that is a bloody cat!:frown:

Shakyuk Nov 6th 2017 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette (Post 12375210)

We're moving over to AB in January, hopefully we'll love it too! Congratulations on the citizenship :)

Mad Jockette Nov 6th 2017 10:58 am

Oops Stinkypup, sorry I did mean Bernese and not the cat variety :) :)

To be truthful we only have the cats as mousers :)

Am I forgiven?

Mad Jockette Nov 6th 2017 11:00 am

Shakyuk,
Where in Alberta are you moving to?

We are near Rocky Mountain House and work in Red Deer.

Good luck with the move and enjoy your new adventure :)

Almost Canadian Nov 6th 2017 6:00 pm

Congratulations.

The dogs you have appear to be the standard acreage dog in Alberta. Do you keep them inside or do they have the run of the property?

Mad Jockette Nov 7th 2017 1:01 am

Hi They are the standard LGD's here for farms etc.

They spend most of the time outside, they are loving it just now as they prefer to be out in the snow :)

Shakyuk Nov 7th 2017 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette (Post 12375884)
Shakyuk,
Where in Alberta are you moving to?

We are near Rocky Mountain House and work in Red Deer.

Good luck with the move and enjoy your new adventure :)

Oh nice that is out in the sticks! We drove through Red Deer, it seemed like a very nice small town.

We're planning on moving to Calgary to begin with to make use of the public transport and hopefully get jobs asap. Long term we'd like to live rurally, maybe within commuting distance of Calgary or if we can find employment, just live and work rurally. That's the plan anyway!

Do you have an acreage? How do you find country living?