Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Scotland to Ancaster Ontario

Glasgow Scotland to Ancaster Ontario

Old Apr 19th 2013, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glasgow Scotland to Ancaster Ontario

Dave & Ailsa, glad at long last you have made it! It's a long haul and am so glad things are working out for you. Yes, it's a far cry from the fair city of Glasgow to be sure, and all that goes with it, but I have weaned myself off neds, piss heads and litter strewn streets. The curry houses I do miss, a lot, but we can't have everything I guess. Enjoy!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

What great posts D 'n' A or A 'n' D! we're still going through the pre-departure stress so hope to have as good a story to yours to report in a couple of months!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:21 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis88
its okay, i done mine a few times too because i saw other people doing it, but then found out that Calgary By-laws prohibit it because of the drainage system!

ah i see! i'd seen you commenting on his facebook and wondered if it was you (if you know what i mean hah)
Small world that you know that guy, I lived in Girvan for a wee while and worked in Irvine, went to Glasgow a few times although mostly the Eaglesham area
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by macadian
Dave & Ailsa, glad at long last you have made it! It's a long haul and am so glad things are working out for you. Yes, it's a far cry from the fair city of Glasgow to be sure, and all that goes with it, but I have weaned myself off neds, piss heads and litter strewn streets. The curry houses I do miss, a lot, but we can't have everything I guess. Enjoy!
lol!!! I'm sure we'll find them all here if we look hard enough!!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to say what an excellent post (or posts!) that was. We're in Glasgow and moving soon, so reading such positivity means a lot. Will send you a PM shortly :-)
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by siouxie
Wonderful to read such a positive view.. congrats to all 5 of you (can't forget Hemi the dog, lol) and I hope the rest of your days in Canada are filled with as much joy and happiness, excitement and laughter as the past 6 weeks.

Thanks Sue... We need to meet up for a chat at some point - preferably when I'm not dying of a cold!!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcmama
Thanks for posting - that's a lovely update. As someone who is 7 weeks away from moving, it's reassuring particularly about your kids settling in so quickly.
The time before leaving is torturous, we counted down the days and soo much to sort out with cancelling things and changing addresses etc..

Our boys are very different too each other, one was excited, but very sad to leave and panicking about missing his friends... he's the one who's now very happy here! The other is more of a loner and initially didn't want to move but came around in time and is now I think annoyed at himself that he likes it here!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Sounds like things are going weel and you have a very positive attitude to the transition
Thanks Mikey - just noticed your sig on the awaiting LMO decision... fingers crossed for you!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:46 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Thanks Mikey - just noticed your sig on the awaiting LMO decision... fingers crossed for you!
Thanks and I think the wait may just drive me round the twist
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Good post and not even a mention about the price of cheese in it
Its the plastic cheese I hate... and don't even get me started on spray cheese??? WTF??? seriously some things are just wrong!!!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Thanks and I think the wait may just drive me round the twist
The waiting is awful... worth it though!! hang in there!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by haggis88
good choice of cars guys and i'm jealous you're allowed to wash them in your own driveway haha!

Dave, off-topic, but do you know a Willie Logie from Kilmarnock?
Yes we know Willie! Nice guy, spoke to him last week actually... Know him through work and car circles...
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
The waiting is awful... worth it though!! hang in there!
Plus the not knowing if it will be positive, but I'm all in now, house is on the market, vari kennels bought etc
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
What great posts D 'n' A or A 'n' D! we're still going through the pre-departure stress so hope to have as good a story to yours to report in a couple of months!
Cheers Jane... not long now!! Looking forward to hearing how you get on
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

glad youre liking it ower here , awe the best jimmy .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.