Canniversary #1

Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canniversary #1

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
UPDATE!

Our renewed TWP's arrived in the mail today. Woo Hoo!
The Canadian adventure continues. Lots of happiness in our house today.
Awww congrats again Rob, I'm so happy for you two - good luck now with PR
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I would add something about moving companies - just to show its not just Pickfords and the confusion is not just with international moves.

My sister moved earlier this year from Vancouver to Nanaimo. After getting moving quotes, they went with Williams. She says that before they moved Williams could not do enough for them. Not so after the move. A representative came to their house and looked at the amount of china and pictures they had and told them how many china boxes etc they would need. When it came to pack things up - it turned out they needed double the amount of boxes.

When the van got to Nanaimo, the guys driving the moving van told my sister how much they owed them - which I believe was several thousand dollars more than quoted. When my sister disputed the charge and told them she would pay them the amount of the quote and then deal with Williams over the extra - she was told that if she wanted her furniture etc she had to pay the full amount or they would drive away and put her stuff in storage!!

All the boxes were marked as to which room they were to go in in the new house. They didn't get to the correct rooms - I think in the confusion of coming and going they just stuck all the non-breakable boxes in one room along with most of the furniture. They broke a glass dish when they were unpacking the breakables and they put it away stuck together so my sister couldn't tell it was broken. The same with a picture - they put the pictures against the wall and placed one with broken glass backwards so she didn't discover it for some weeks until she got around to moving it.

We figured that they come and underquote so you choose them - and then they blackmail you with threatening to put your stuff in storage if you don't pay what they ask for.

I have not heard good things about moving companies - I am not sure if they are all as bad as Williams.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Thank you very much. Yes, some work ahead now to get all our info organised and that PR appl. in the mail.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Purley
I thought I would add something about moving companies -

I have not heard good things about moving companies - I am not sure if they are all as bad as Williams.
Sadly I think moving companies generally could care less.
Think about it - we give them all our worldly possessions, a bunch of money and then hope they deliver our stuff in good order. I'm not sure that level of trust is appropriate in this day and age.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the worst thing was to blackmail you into paying whatever they asked for under threat of putting your stuff in storage!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 4:51 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
^^^^ What they said, well done Rob
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bananahammock
^^^^ What they said, well done Rob
Thanks very much.
It's starting to sink in now after all the stressing and waiting.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:48 am

Rainey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Canniversary #1

Hi Rob and family, lovely post and thank you for sharing. I hope you have many more happy years in Toronto.

CONGRATS