BEversary!

Old Sep 1st 2016, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default BEversary!

Not a Canniversary, but a BEversary...11 years this month since I joined BE!
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 10:26 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BEversary!

Hey, I've been thinking of making a BEversary thread, and am glad that I'm not the only one with such a kooky idea.

TODAY is my 4 year anniversary for being on this site! Currently at 11,303 posts. I remember when I signed up and saw some saddo posters with post counts in the 10,000s and thought, "how is that even possible?" Well, now I know, and am self-inducting into the saddo hall of fame (or is it shame).

I would say BE was a bit more interesting in my first two years, and definitely in the last year it's become a bit dull. A few of the interesting posters have left the site, and the topics have become a bit less controversial. Nevertheless, it's good that there is a core of regulars that keep the forum going with new topics, pictures and lunch updates.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 12:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
TODAY is my 4 year anniversary
That's a surprise. Just the other day (yesterday?) you mentioned you'd been back in the UK 8 years (I think) and I could have sworn you were over here when I was first on BE, so I decided you must have moved back shortly after I joined about 8 and a half years ago - I think I lurked a bit previously.

Something must have made me think you were here actually in Canada. Perhaps you took a trip here at some point? Or maybe your location still said Canada for a while?

I would say BE was a bit more interesting in my first two years, and definitely in the last year it's become a bit dull.
I wouldn't say dull, just a lot less 'busy' than it used to be.

I remember typing comments and then getting that message that warned that new posts had appeared since I started (another missed feature since the last 'improvement' that I seem to be the only one to miss ) and there could be half a dozen more there since I began typing.

Or I could go away for an hour and on returning 5 or 6 threads had about 20 additional posts on each one!!
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 2:49 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been in Canada on holiday a few times in the past few years. And in fact, I was on BE about ten years ago on a different user profile, which I can't remember. Wasn't very active then, and didn't remember anyone's name. Maybe I was even a lurker.

I remember the rapid comment thing. I think on one really heater thread by the time I responded there was ten other comments!
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:40 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Adele! Time flies when you're having fun?

I know that Tangram recently commented that he was surprised that Shard was in the UK...like him and Bristol...I too was surprised...I thought you were here rather than there...but we're glad you are on BE anyway!

You all made me look at dates and I realize I've been on here for 6 years...OMG where did that time go I too lurked for quite a while before I joined, and was on another Canada forum first, but I can't remember which now.

I miss a number of our posters who have left....where have they left to? Is it the ghastly Facebook that has grabbed them or have they assimilated so well that they no longer need us do you suppose?
Old Nov 4th 2016, 4:53 pm
Yo

I always have my location as UK?! Maybe, I'm the only one who read those avatar side bars. I do know what you mean about the time flying by Millie, especially kid related time.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 8:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been in Canada on holiday a few times in the past few years
I always have my location as UK?! Maybe, I'm the only one who read those avatar side bars. ...

No, I read them too...so I reckon it must have been one of your trips here where you've referred to being 'present' that made me think you were in Canada.
Old Nov 5th 2016, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I joined on Nov 6th 2009. So exactly 7 years ago on Sunday. Unbelievable that it's been that long. I've seen a lot of people come and go. Some literally others just from BE.
When I joined Oink was a lot more active, less tame and I remember giving him a piece of my mind lol.

Here's to another 7 years :drink wine:
Old Nov 5th 2016, 5:30 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
:drink wine:
That's a lot of wine...
Old Nov 5th 2016, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
That's a lot of wine...
One for each year. You have to celebrate properly you know! 😇
Old Nov 5th 2016, 1:17 pm
Oscar nominated

Shame about that fifth year though
Attached Thumbnails BEversary!-wine.jpg  
Old Nov 5th 2016, 4:14 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I realized that as soon as posted the comment lol
Old Nov 5th 2016, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Shame about that fifth year though
Yah. Not sure what happened that year. Maybe attempting detox? Lol
Old Nov 5th 2016, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I've been thinking of making a BEversary thread, and am glad that I'm not the only one with such a kooky idea.

TODAY is my 4 year anniversary for being on this site! Currently at 11,303 posts. I remember when I signed up and saw some saddo posters with post counts in the 10,000s and thought, "how is that even possible?" Well, now I know, and am self-inducting into the saddo hall of fame (or is it shame).

I would say BE was a bit more interesting in my first two years, and definitely in the last year it's become a bit dull. A few of the interesting posters have left the site, and the topics have become a bit less controversial. Nevertheless, it's good that there is a core of regulars that keep the forum going with new topics, pictures and lunch updates.
Congrats on your BEversary, Shard!
Old Nov 5th 2016, 5:22 pm
Yo

Thanks Adele, and a belated congrats on yours! BTW, I love your music.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.