9 years

Old Dec 31st 2014, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice
Default Re: 9 years

Originally Posted by TrishP
Just realised about 5 minutes ago that my 9 year Canniversary came and went earlier this week without even filtering into my consciousness. Have had major changes in my life since moving here ... booted husband out and divorced him 6 months after arriving, moved from rural NW Ontario to Ottawa, met and married current hubby, had a baby ...

Have been feeling increasingly homesick lately, something that I've never felt since I moved here. S'pose it may have something to do with not wanting my almost 2 year old to grow up speaking in whiny Canadian nasal tones. However, the UK government has made it so bloody awkward for me to go back with a non-British spouse that I don't know what I'm going to do. All I know is, that I don't want to die in Canada and the longer time goes on, the boredom of living here and the lack of culture might just kill me!
Might I suggest an alternative option that *may* sit with you better?
It's superbly easy to move to Ireland with a non-British spouse as you would fall under the EU right to free movement with family. After you've been there a while your spouse could get an Irish passport (I think it's five years) and then you could move to the UK and they couldn't stop you. Just a thought as it's a *technical* possibility for you (which I considered myself in the past).
Old Jan 1st 2015, 11:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Just realised about 5 minutes ago that my 9 year Canniversary came and went earlier this week without even filtering into my consciousness. Have had major changes in my life since moving here ... booted husband out and divorced him 6 months after arriving, moved from rural NW Ontario to Ottawa, met and married current hubby, had a baby ...

Have been feeling increasingly homesick lately, something that I've never felt since I moved here. S'pose it may have something to do with not wanting my almost 2 year old to grow up speaking in whiny Canadian nasal tones. However, the UK government has made it so bloody awkward for me to go back with a non-British spouse that I don't know what I'm going to do. All I know is, that I don't want to die in Canada and the longer time goes on, the boredom of living here and the lack of culture might just kill me!

I'll add to what xxdb above suggested about going through Ireland which it seems there are few jobs as well as the cost for the 3-6 months you'd need to be there to exercise your rights under the EU family route (back door) to the UK.

Another option which others have done through suggestions on BE is to go through Malta.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/malta...-malta-844728/

a) because its warm & friendly
b) there are jobs
c) most everyone speaks English
d) lots of culture & a new experience

Malta - British Expats
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Canada has culture, it just has a different type of culture. It's different, but there is culture.