Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

7 years in NB and itching like hell

7 years in NB and itching like hell

Old May 18th 2017, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default Re: 7 years in NB and itching like hell

Originally Posted by MillieF
I too wish you absolutely every success Alex. Please keep us informed of what like off the East Coast has to offer! We will miss you most sincerely

Very best of luck.
Thanks Millie!

We have mentioned our mutual frustrations before about being here. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I don't regret anything, perhaps just lingered a bit too long. Its all part of the fun and we are really looking forward to our next step
Old May 18th 2017, 4:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by geoff52
Welcome to Ontario.
I moved to Great Toronto Area (GTA) over two decades ago from London (UK) and I love the big city feel.
We bought our properties before the house prices started shooting up. I am sad this has happened because it prevents people moving to GTA from other parts of Canada.
Thanks mate! We have an offer on the house and more viewings this weekend so its just a matter of time before we can pack and move. I am sure like many if only we had bought in TO or Van 5 years ago!
Old May 19th 2017, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Thanks mate! We have an offer on the house and more viewings this weekend so its just a matter of time before we can pack and move. I am sure like many if only we had bought in TO or Van 5 years ago!

Wow that's good.
We have a split level bungalow with an inlaw suite that we are trying to sell that we bought from our son last year so that they could buy a house in Ontario. We have had it listed for three weeks but haven't had much interest yet? Hopefully its our turn next. Of course we have our hobby farm to sell as well.
Well I think you are wining the race to get to ON. Hope it all goes well for you.
Keep us posted!
Old May 23rd 2017, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Alex2201!!

Sounds like a great plan, i can empathise with the small town feeling, its not for everyone, dependant on circumstances really, from what you have said, it sounds like SW Onatrio is more up your street.

As for the wedding - eloping sounds a great idea - especially if thats what you both want, weddings get way to out of control these days, and of course you being an immigrant to Canada, the guests would probably have been more from your other half's side, but sounds like she is too bothered about it either, so go for it!

Best of luck with your next chapter! Do you still do truck driving? or sticking with your day job now?

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; May 23rd 2017 at 4:57 pm.
Old May 23rd 2017, 5:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
...I have been to Windsor a couple of times and there is just something about the place that I like...My GF also really liked Windsor and the feel of it too. Worse case scenario if it does not work out we can always move on.

Windsor is experiencing a renaissance at the moment economically and there is a ton of work going for Class One drivers....A major plus point is location. Across the river to Detroit....

Current thread on Windsor may be of interest.
Old May 23rd 2017, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Thanks Bristol
Old May 28th 2017, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah "No-Funswick" ca have that effect on folk. HA! Good luck.
Old May 29th 2017, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
Yeah "No-Funswick" ca have that effect on folk. HA! Good luck.
Says the man who lives in the Valley.