7 years Also

Old Apr 12th 2017, 8:12 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7 years Also

It seems a lot of people arrived in the month of April albeit in different years. i officially landed in April 2008..then again with my family in June 2008..but did not move fully as a family permanently until 12th April 2010..the first 2 years were pretty good..then my wife's dad became ill and she went back to the UK with the kids temporarily to help out with work etc..i stayed and moved to Calgary with a fabulous job offer..then things went pair shaped..my wife decided to stay in the UK and wanted a temporary separation as she felt we had grown apart and were now living different lives in different countries..

With hindsight i should have gone back to the UK to save my marriage..but somehow with starting a new job and committing to a house in Calgary for at least a year i stayed put..thinking things would just work themselves out ..however they didn't and we ended up divorcing.

i did go back to the UK in 2014 to be closer to my children but that didn't work out either as i ended up living in London 300 miles away from them..fast forward to now and i have returned to Canada to start all over again back where i started 7 years ago..but this time pretty much on my own..gone is the optimism and hope of 2010..to be replaced with the reality im here now just to make as much money as i can to secure financial future heading into retirement.

Do i regret moving to Canada?? Ask me this time next year.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 years Also

That sounds like it must have been a very difficult time for all involved. I hope you have a more positive experience this time and hopefully it ends up being more than just about money!