Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

6 years in Nova Scotia

6 years in Nova Scotia

Old Mar 26th 2017, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 years in Nova Scotia

Congratulations on your successful settling and life in NS.. I have been following most of your posts since you've come here and you have been a positive voice for this province. (one of the few)

I have given up letting people know how nice it is here, everybody is responsible for their own happiness and if one place isn't for you, go somewhere else and find your spot, but don't generalize, but again that applies to everything and everywhere.

I am going to jump on the bandwagon here with my 13th canniversary (in NS) coming up next week. I have enjoyed most of it, like for everyone here , there has been good and bad, but generally I am living a much happier life than before I left for Canada (from Germany). Looking at the people I have known and met here during this time, amongst my friends and aquaintances there is a larger percentage of immigrants who have successfully settled than those who have not and left consequently . Most of those were disappointed because of wrong expectations. A lot of us are actually quite content that there is no big hype for people to move here, it gives it a special quality that you don't get in big crowds.

Whatever floats your boat, as they say here...

Good luck with your future in Nova Scotia.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 years in Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by woodworm
A lot of us are actually quite content that there is no big hype for people to move here, it gives it a special quality that you don't get in big crowds.

Good post, I can appreciate the comment you make regarding hype to move there. At least without hype the place will hopefully keep it's small local charms and not succumb to the modern world were everything looks the same!