6 Years in NB

Old Apr 25th 2016, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default 6 Years in NB

Not much has changed since my last one apart from getting engaged to the aforementioned girl of my dreams and we are trying to start a family.

I am more than a bit bored of being here (NB) and wanting to move more and more but still stuck here for the time being - owing mostly to the Wedding (May 2018) and not wanting to pay the bank silly fees for breaking the mortgage term. After that then I think Southern Ontario will be beckoning. Having said that, who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Life goes on day by day. I still very much enjoy living in Canada and do not have any yearning to go back to the UK. Super League rugby back on the TV and the discovery of an American beer that is like an English ale helps Life here in general is good and I dont have much to complain about.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 9:08 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 Years in NB

Congratulations Alex

Six years! And you got the girl!

The sun is finally shining on NB, and I hope it continues to shine on you
Old Apr 25th 2016, 10:31 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
...Super League rugby back on the TV
Don't forget kick offs in Ontario are an hour earlier.
and the discovery of an American beer that is like an English ale
I thought the bitter in the pump house was not bad...but still chilled.

Why do they do that?
Old Apr 26th 2016, 12:45 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Not much has changed since my last one apart from getting engaged to the aforementioned girl of my dreams and we are trying to start a family.

I am more than a bit bored of being here (NB) and wanting to move more and more but still stuck here for the time being - owing mostly to the Wedding (May 2018) and not wanting to pay the bank silly fees for breaking the mortgage term. After that then I think Southern Ontario will be beckoning. Having said that, who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Life goes on day by day. I still very much enjoy living in Canada and do not have any yearning to go back to the UK. Super League rugby back on the TV and the discovery of an American beer that is like an English ale helps Life here in general is good and I dont have much to complain about.
Why not move the mortgage to a new property, then no fees payable. Simple.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by MillieF
Congratulations Alex

Thanks Millie
Old Apr 26th 2016, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Don't forget kick offs in Ontario are an hour earlier.

I thought the bitter in the pump house was not bad...but still chilled.

Why do they do that?

Not bad at all, I have not been there for some time. They seem obsessed with serving beer a degree above freezing in N America - probably best so you dont taste it!!

The Beer in question is Goose Island Honkers ale. I got it from store next to Sobeys on Main and Vaughan Harvey. I also picked up a bottle of local Cider that I am yet to try - that will have to wait for the weekend.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tangram
Why not move the mortgage to a new property, then no fees payable. Simple.
That would be simple but I cant move the mortgage. Its part of the deal I have - They rate matched and this was a stipulation. It was the best option at the time. My GF has a huge family and very much wants to get married here. Relocating is not a concern for her and she is all for it once the wedding is out of the way.
Old Apr 27th 2016, 2:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Congratulations Alex

+1 !!

Exciting times ahead.. I hope you have a lifetime of happiness together.

Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Siouxie
+1 !!

Exciting times ahead.. I hope you have a lifetime of happiness together.

Thank you Siouxie
Old Apr 27th 2016, 5:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

The Beer in question is Goose Island Honkers ale. I got it from store next to Sobeys on Main and Vaughan Harvey. I also picked up a bottle of local Cider that I am yet to try - that will have to wait for the weekend.
That's not a bad brew

Wonder if you can get OPB? Oak Pond Brewing. They're in Maine, but have started to shift stuff out and around and I've seen it down my way, so if they've made it up your way too, worth a shot, some lovely ales.
Old Apr 29th 2016, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
That's not a bad brew

Wonder if you can get OPB? Oak Pond Brewing. They're in Maine, but have started to shift stuff out and around and I've seen it down my way, so if they've made it up your way too, worth a shot, some lovely ales.
As with most things when it comes to NB its not available!!

I took the GF for a weekender in Portland ME last year and was very impressed with the the scale of the local brewing scene there. I may well have tried that one but its a bit if a haze ... I would move there if it was in Canada!!!
Old Apr 29th 2016, 7:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I took the GF for a weekender in Portland ME last year and was very impressed with the the scale of the local brewing scene there. I may well have tried that one but its a bit if a haze ... I would move there if it was in Canada!!!
Yeah, Portland, is a pretty cool city.

We used to live up in Belfast but never took the opportunity to get the Cat from Bar Harbor. Was really hoping a new service would have taken up the routes but don't think anything has, after much talk of something from Portland. That would be lovely