Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

Our 5 year anniversary

Our 5 year anniversary

Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future
Default Our 5 year anniversary

Today marks the day we left a dull and wet Glasgow to start our second adventure in Canada. The first was in 2006 but didn't work out quite as planned😔
This time I was qualified to work in Canada as a speech and language therapist and we have had a successful experience over these past 5 years. So happy we came as the NHS was on the start of major cutbacks in my department which changed the work enjoyment. Hubbie was already living here (moved 4 months prior to us) and can remember the sheer joy when the kids got to see and hug their dad again!
We bought our own house this year and plan on staying for many more years. Can't beat the summer weather here on the west coast🌞
Gained our PR two years ago so we are halfway to qualifying for Citizenship. That will remind us of the paperwork again but at least we don't have to do any right at this moment.

It was totally the right move for us and once I started working things got so much better-first few months were a bit boring as we seemed to arrive at the start of about 6 weeks of rain. I found out I was a fair weather cyclist with a kid in the trailer! Going to school twice a day in the rain got a bit tedious😛

Good luck to anyone else on this journey getting here and getting established. Some times were challenging and some great. Kids are very happy here and we are thankful of our life here.

Woohoo! Unfortunately have to go to work and can't celebrate just now!
J&V
Old Oct 18th 2017, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our 5 year anniversary

Originally Posted by Jackandvictor
Today marks the day we left a dull and wet Glasgow to start our second adventure in Canada. The first was in 2006 but didn't work out quite as planned😔...

Nice to read a positive experience. I hope there's many more positive years to come
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future

Congrats on your 5-year anniversary! I bet the rain this week is reminding you of your arrival in 2012! Great to hear you've bought a house.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 6:03 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Well done on your 5 yr milestone. Ours was early September, time has flown! We live just outside of Kamloops in the RD.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by susieh
Congrats on your 5-year anniversary! I bet the rain this week is reminding you of your arrival in 2012! Great to hear you've bought a house.
Thanks Susie!! So great to have our own house at long last