Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

5 years in the Canada section of BE :)

5 years in the Canada section of BE :)

Old Sep 8th 2012, 6:49 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 years in the Canada section of BE :)

Well it's sort of a canniversary eh?!

It's been almost 5 in Canada now too - I may or may not have posted an update last year about that and nothing much has changed, still married to my forever friend - a canuck, still happy, still breaking stuff and still doing home renos - so that's all there is to say about that.

But down to the brass tacks of BE.

I found this site, like lots do (or should) by doing some google research, by the time i'd joined, the application to move was already in and I thought that aside from the trivialities of "Can I use my GHD's" and "what do you wear in winter" type questions, would be all I needed to know lol how wrong I was.

So my first shout out goes to the 'experts' who have tirelessly answered my inane questions about all manner of spousal sponsorship stuff - and might have to do so for a while yet til it's all sorted. Big up to the BE expert massive.

I was a newbie once too, and remember being scared s***less of Hot Wasabi Peas for some non apparent reason turns out she's a lovely gal. I've had many run in's with people as they have with me and it's easy to hide behind a screen name and also easy to forget that you lot aren't bots, but real life people, and even words on a screen can hurt feelings - so for now - to those that i've offended, I'm sorry - though can't promise it won't happen again

I've also made good virtual friends, mainly the group of boring housewives that joined around the same time as me, some are still here, some sadly never got here, some have moved around and I hope they all find their happiness.

Then there's the 'out east' lot. Novo, DBD, Souvy (whom I will forever - and I mean forever - remember him posting about little things that annoyed him, and one was that toilet roll being on the holder back to front - so whenever I replace the roll, I always think of this person whom i've never met - that's weird isn't it ) AX, Oakvillian. You old timers (metaphorically) always give me a good laugh, and I love reading the banter. You're all like a comfy pair of old slippers that it just wouldn't be right to not have around here.

Then there's the s**t stirrers (meant in fondness) from the long gone Butch Cassidy, Bazzz, B Smith, to the more recent still here Jings, Alan2005, Oink, and El Richo - there's been many a time I've laughed out loud, shook my head, or grabbed the popcorn.

I don't think us oldies can add too much to anyones enquiries about processes, and mostly we get fed up of answering the same old questions that come up - so we either don't, or post something sarcastic to make the day go faster. It's what makes BE seem more real.

I can't promise another 5 years, and if the Mayans are to be believed I probably shouldn't even promise another 5 months, but I will promise to keep being me, pissing you off, laughing at your stupidy, sympathising with your problems and emparting some fluffballs of wisdom from time to time - as I hope you lot will still do to me.

KTHXBAI
Old Sep 8th 2012, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 years in the Canada section of BE :)

Simple update - great post. Congrats on five years, and yours is one of those tales that shows full integration with a healthy dose of reality and humour.

I too like the old comfy slipper brigade and the grumpy old men bunch, and they can still make me giggle, or introduce my screen and keyboard to my latest drink.

Wishing you continued happiness with your lovely Canuck man, and yes, you must continue to post in the BE cybersphere.

Old Sep 8th 2012, 4:06 pm
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

great post. now... as a newbie here in northern bc, what does one wear in the winter??? (answer: as much as humanly possible!!)
Old Sep 8th 2012, 10:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
KTHXBAI
I certainly hope that's not a flounce because you and I need to have a serious word or two.

Comfy old slippers? Outrageous!!
Old Sep 8th 2012, 11:22 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I certainly hope that's not a flounce because you and I need to have a serious word or two.

Comfy old slippers? Outrageous!!
Insult and run? Not my style
Old Sep 8th 2012, 11:38 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Flounce away....I didn't even get a mention....who needs ya
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:15 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Have you posted before?

I'm quite certain that your slippers are comfy too.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:21 am
Sawdust making harpy

Have you posted before?

I'm quite certain that your slippers are comfy too.
Tangram's are very comfy - we are house twins
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:23 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Tangram's are very comfy - we are house twins
I think this thread deserves to be in a more exposed forum than the Canniversary bit.

It's clearly going to get out of hand very soon.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:24 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Could everyone just leave my slippers out of it please.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:29 am
Born again atheist

Could everyone just leave my slippers out of it please.
OK, you can tell me. I'll keep it private. Why are you embarrassed about your slippers?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:30 am
Sawdust making harpy

I think this thread deserves to be in a more exposed forum than the Canniversary bit.

It's clearly going to get out of hand very soon.
It may well be moved - things are supposed to stay on topic here, and I will agree with you that that seems highly unlikely
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:31 am
Seasoned Maritimer

OK, you can tell me. I'll keep it private. Why are you embarrassed about your slippers?
Ok they're fluffy, can we move on now.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:35 am
Born again atheist

Ok they're fluffy, can we move on now.
Personally, I like a bit of fluff. It's a shame that mandy lives so far away.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:43 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't mention me either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.