Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

3 years and Still Here!

3 years and Still Here!

Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:09 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 years and Still Here!

Originally Posted by brianscottie43
For God's sake don't say that to a natural born New Brunswicker or a Nova Scotian or you'll be looking to move to another Province.
I meant in counting the letters from B to S or should that be BS New Brunswick is very different to Nova Scotia. Infact all the Atlantic Provinces have a distinctive personality of their own.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave+Jules
I meant in counting the letters from B to S or should that be BS New Brunswick is very different to Nova Scotia. Infact all the Atlantic Provinces have a distinctive personality of their own.
Saved yourself in the nick of time there Dave you won't have to move now
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:07 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Sorry, too late. I've sent out the word to the NB and NS Legislators who will be calling in the RCMP to investigate an insurrectionist and family. Meanwhile in Toronto we're probably going to call in the army to help us clear the 4cm of snow on the ground this morning.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm yes coffepot you believe Dave - and so do I! but do the Nova Brunswickians! - I sense a JCB backing in here to dig the hole the little deeper!

No Dave Im only joking! this is Canada were talking about after all! (I must stop keep putting on those rose tinted specs!) - funny that they only work intermittently when I try to put them on in the UK.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brianscottie43
Sorry, too late. I've sent out the word to the NB and NS Legislators who will be calling in the RCMP to investigate an insurrectionist and family. Meanwhile in Toronto we're probably going to call in the army to help us clear the 4cm of snow on the ground this morning.
we are meant to get snow at the weekend, the country will come to a standstill as normal

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Hmmm yes coffepot you believe Dave - and so do I! but do the Nova Brunswickians! - I sense a JCB backing in here to dig the hole the little deeper! won't find him under the snow soon anyway Paul

No Dave Im only joking! this is Canada were talking about after all! (I must stop keep putting on those rose tinted specs!) - funny that they only work intermittently when I try to put them on in the UK.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

we are meant to get snow at the weekend, the country will come to a standstill as normal
We had Bristol's annual snowfall yesterday
There's almost no trace of it on the road outside now.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
We had Bristol's annual snowfall yesterday
There's almost no trace of it on the road outside now.
How long till it doesn't go away though ?

I hope we get some snow, i have a roof now and the house is painted so log burner ready to go and watch it snow
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:36 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

We have a cold weekend ahead (well by UK standards). Today is -4c with a windchill taking it down to -12c ...brrrr

4cm of snow in Toronto and they need the Army to help... Puh..lease, we go outside and lick that sort of snow off road with our tongues I maybe doing that this year as Homedepot have failed to deliver my snow blower!

The forecast is for a snowy December in the maritimes with below average temperatures. Then Jan and Feb to have above normal temperatures and higher levels of precipition (no mention of snow or rain though and I am guessing it will still be snow). So White Christmas here we come
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:48 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...brrrr

4cm of snow in Toronto and they need the Army to help... Puh..lease, we go outside and lick that sort of snow off road with our tongues
Presumably that's after you get up half an hour before going to bed?

Luxury......

And you try telling that to the young people today.....
Old Nov 21st 2008, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We have a cold weekend ahead (well by UK standards). Today is -4c with a windchill taking it down to -12c ...brrrr

4cm of snow in Toronto and they need the Army to help... Puh..lease, we go outside and lick that sort of snow off road with our tongues I maybe doing that this year as Homedepot have failed to deliver my snow blower!

The forecast is for a snowy December in the maritimes with below average temperatures. Then Jan and Feb to have above normal temperatures and higher levels of precipition (no mention of snow or rain though and I am guessing it will still be snow). So White Christmas here we come

Im sure you won't be disappointed Dave

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Presumably that's after you get up half an hour before going to bed?

Luxury......

And you try telling that to the young people today.....
and they won't believe you
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:25 pm
Happy in NB

Im sure you won't be disappointed Dave

and they won't believe you
Exactly.... thats the trouble with folk today, no committment to dancing on graves etc etc

I wondered who would click :
Old Nov 24th 2008, 10:52 am
Just Joined

trudyann is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you help me we are doing lots of talk about moving to canada not to sure what part as my husband is a scaffolder so what would be the best area, and also with the bad weather in winter what happens to the building trade, I havent a clue where to start or any thing any tips or advise and if you know about the scaffolding trade any info would be appreciated. also have 3 children age 13, 11 and 5
Old Nov 26th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trudyann
Can you help me we are doing lots of talk about moving to canada not to sure what part as my husband is a scaffolder so what would be the best area, and also with the bad weather in winter what happens to the building trade, I havent a clue where to start or any thing any tips or advise and if you know about the scaffolding trade any info would be appreciated. also have 3 children age 13, 11 and 5
Start by reading the Wiki - find a link at the top of the page.
Read it through, and then read it through again. There is so much excellent info from BE members who have been there done that etc.

Once you are familiar with the terms then use the search function to read through past threads - again, some invaluable info, experience and opinion.

Good luck, and welcome to BE.

Rob
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:03 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Congrats to you....we too have hit the three year mark.....how time flys, just put all the paper work in ready to be posted in the morning to apply for Tonys citizenship!!!!!!