14 years today

Old Aug 12th 2014, 1:15 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default 14 years today

Seems like yesterday but it's over a quarter of my life
Old Aug 12th 2014, 2:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 14 years today

Congratulations, or commiserations. As appropriate.
Old Aug 12th 2014, 2:41 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Congratulations, or commiserations. As appropriate.
Neither, really. It just "is".

I find it a little odd that I arrived here with $50k, which isn't a great deal of money, have never had a Canadian payslip and yet find myself the owner of two houses.

Funny how things work out.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 1:05 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, I was wondering where you were. Congrats and fluffy greetings.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 4:28 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy

If it was murder you would have been out for good behaviour by now
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:15 am
Slob

Originally Posted by bats
Aha, I was wondering where you were. Congrats and fluffy greetings.
I was embroiled in DIY non-stop for two weeks. Vacations are generally for relaxing and recharging. I came home with a knackered back (A535 and Advil sandwiches for lunch) and wearing a knee brace.

I also came home poorer. I didn't take some of my tools because I'd been told that my BIL had taken some of his there. His table saw turned out to be a death trap, so I had to buy a new one for my stepson. Then I blew up his mitre saw and had to buy him a new one.

The daft thing is, I was never supposed to be part of the financial equation for that house. It was meant to be a mother and son thing. I'm at about 15 grand and counting...........
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Newbie.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:31 am
Slob

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Newbie.
It still feels like it sometimes.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I was embroiled in DIY non-stop for two weeks. Vacations are generally for relaxing and recharging. I came home with a knackered back (A535 and Advil sandwiches for lunch) and wearing a knee brace.
Talking of knackered backs and nipples, I cut off the knuckle on the left hand pinky a couple of weeks go while chiselling out the 100+year old putty on a window pane which had suffered a mid-air collision with a suicidal dove from the church next door. But in the true spirit of a well-trained husband I didn't bleed on the carpet (I got brownie points for that even if sympathy was a bit lacking).

Also I've just taken delivery of a whole roomful of flat pack furniture for my study/library which I am currently contemplating with a cocked eyebrow.

I think I want to go back to Richmond Hill now.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:47 am
Slob

Talking of knackered backs and nipples, I cut off the knuckle on the left hand pinky a couple of weeks go while chiselling out the 100+year old putty on a window pane which had suffered a mid-air collision with a suicidal dove from the church next door. But in the true spirit of a well-trained husband I didn't bleed on the carpet (I got brownie points for that even if sympathy was a bit lacking).

Also I've just taken delivery of a whole roomful of flat pack furniture for my study/library which I am currently contemplating with a cocked eyebrow.

I think I want to go back to Richmond Hill now.
Flat-packed furniture? Bleedin' amateur.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:55 am
Born again atheist

Flat-packed furniture? Bleedin' amateur.
Oh, on the contrary, I'm experienced enough to know that anything more complicated will be sniffed at by SWMBO and the subject of constant nagging until it's replaced by something twenty times more costly.

I'd describe myself as a consummate professional at this stuff.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:58 am
Slob

Oh, on the contrary, I'm experienced enough to know that anything more complicated will be sniffed at by SWMBO and the subject of constant nagging until it's replaced by something twenty times more costly.

I'd describe myself as a consummate professional at this stuff.
Furniture or wives?
Old Aug 13th 2014, 5:08 pm
Born again atheist

Furniture or wives?
Ah. Sorry. I got fed up with contemplating flat boxes and spent the day otherwise.

Wives of course. Although in my case it's singular.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 11:47 am
Slob

Ah. Sorry. I got fed up with contemplating flat boxes and spent the day otherwise.

Wives of course. Although in my case it's singular.
We did buy some flat-packed stuff last year when The Boy was living in Chicoutimi. Two identical units. The missus and The Boy's then girlfriend assembled the first one. It took them about two hours, they mostly put the wrong screws in the wrong places and there were quite a few screws etc left over and some essential bits that had gone "missing". The Boy had to make some new ones. First time I've ever seen a hand drill being used as a lathe (he's a machinist by trade).

We assembled the second unit. It took about 15 minutes.