11 years yesterday

Old Jun 16th 2016, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Cathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 11 years yesterday

A long, long time ago I was on here are Purple74, but I can't login - something comforting about coming back here after spending 2-3 years as a member.

... Have been in SWO now for a decade plus one.
Ups and downs a plenty - one of the most horrible downs is that I have just survived a year of separation from my husband.
Learning that Ontario family law sucks donkey parts tarnished a LOT of the the Canadian dream that we'd been living for the last ten years - but I survived, and I'm still HERE. In Canada. I didn't run "home".

... Work has been up and down. I was initially employed by SWO's great employer (RIM) which went south in 2011 - and then I was employed by a startup (never again!!!), and now I'm employed by one of Canada's Best Employers (mid-size).

... I fought for and kept the home that we bought, as it was important for me that the kids remain at the same school etc.

... I still love it here, and as much as it would be easier to go back - it wouldn't be best. Plus, I'm unfortunately HOBBLED here to SWO thanks to the aforementioned Separation.

But now I'm just one, I've decided it's time to apply for Citizenship
So here to another year, a BETTER year than the last, and continually moving onwards and upwards.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 10:17 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 11 years yesterday

Congratulations on your 11 years, this year saw us reaching 11 too. So sorry you have separated from your husband, this emigrating lark is so very hard on couples. It's hard on the kids too, i hope they are doing okay with the separation too. I am sometimes amazed I'm still with my husband.

Good luck with you citizenship, we complete ours in a few days. My husband is less than impressed with the whole thing. But it's that last hoop!
Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:16 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cathairtumbleweeds
So here to another year, a BETTER year than the last, and continually moving onwards and upwards.
Congratulations and well done

I sincerely hope that you enjoy your next decade...you've got eleven years of experience to build on! It sounds like you are now paddling your own canoe on your own terms and the next stop will be Citizenship...well done that woman!
Old Jun 27th 2016, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the 11 years! and I am sorry to hear about the separation, we are looking into the whole citizenship thing as well for our next chapter here in Canada.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats...just from an average guy..............life is too short to look back just look forward and learm by your mistakes make this a better place for those that follow.