Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

10 years this month

10 years this month

Old Nov 12th 2014, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold
Default 10 years this month

Hi, haven't been on expats for a while, but wanted to post something for our 10 year anniversary.
Cant believe 10 years have gone by. Ups and downs, but still here.
We never say never, but our kids have grown up here and we have a lovely life. Still go to the UK every year to get my fix, and love it. Ive come and gone in expats over the years just like so many have. When I look back, it was the times I was struggling that brought me back to have a nose. It helped, then I would go away again.
Im glad we did it. My kids love it. Heres to the next 10.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:04 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 years this month

Congratulations on a happy decade under your belt!

I just looked you up....you have been here quite a while.

How old were the kids when you first arrived? Will you be here forever do you think?

Very best regards for the next 10!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MillieF
Congratulations on a happy decade under your belt!

I just looked you up....you have been here quite a while.

How old were the kids when you first arrived? Will you be here forever do you think?

Very best regards for the next 10!
Thanks MillieF,
The boys were 9 and 5 when we arrived on a very rainy night in windsor ontario, and we wanted to turn around and go back. Apart from last year, that was the worst winter we have had so far, and were in the mild part, lol Talk about throwing us in.
we feel we will follow the boys.Love it where we are, but if they move, we will. It still feels funny not having roots here, (school friends and family) but, we became Canadian this year which helps, and we have made some great friends.
Old Nov 16th 2014, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. A lot of us women seem to suffer periodically and have those "ups and downs"! I believe that being able to get back every year to visit friends and family is what makes it bearable. It must have been so very hard for those women who came out here in the early 1900's knowing they probably would never speak or see a family member again. We are lucky with skype, email, telephones and international flights!

This BE family has been a Godsend for me! It is wonderful knowing you are not alone in your thoughts and emotions!