1 year today

Old Aug 6th 2013, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all
Default 1 year today

It really doesn't feel like it but it's a year ago today that I boarded a plane in Manchester and landed in Toronto. Fortunately my cousin and his family live in Cambridge so I was able to stay with them for a while while I found my feet in my new homeland.

I was fortunate enough to land a job fairly quickly (middle of September, I had an interview and was hired on the spot, started the next day) and it's gone reasonably well (though, being a small company, we had a rather dicey time of it over Christmas and the New Year when three of the six laboratory staff were laid off and the rest of us went a couple of months without pay; thankfully we were paid in full by around April - things were getting VERY tight by then).

I have my own apartment now in Kitchener and it's slowly becoming more and more like home as I gradually add stuff like curtains and furniture to it). Things are going pretty well for now and I'm happy here so long may it continue. I'm thinking of a celebratory dinner at Moose Winnoski tonight - one of my favourite restaurants around here; looking forward to it.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Blossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond reputeBlossom23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 year today

One year ... well done and congratulations ...
Old Aug 6th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

mrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to all

Many congrats on your first Canniversary... We are in Cambridge (just over 3 years now) and we are in the process of applying for citizenship... It is hard to remember our first year, now. There were lots of ups and downs... Immigration is certainly not for the faint hearted, eh?! But you have made it, so enjoy your celebratory meal... and have some 'Legendary Cheese Nachos' for me....
Old Aug 6th 2013, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

dg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to alldg31 is a name known to all

Thanks, but I'm not really a Nacho man; it'll be the Thunder Bay platter I think
Old Aug 8th 2013, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

I lived in Waterloo for ten years (with about a year in Cambridge during that time) and I don't think I ever made it to Winoski's once. I'll have to remedy that the next time I am in K-W.