Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

1 year and 1 day... and another 8 years!

1 year and 1 day... and another 8 years!

Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1 year and 1 day... and another 8 years!

One year and 1 day ago I became a permanant resident of Canada - having been here for 8 years previously as a) a visitor and b) inland spousal applicant. It was a long road! I came to visit friends in Canada in 2002, met my (now) husband in April, married in December 2003 and applied for PR in February 2005 as I was waiting for my son to decide whether to be on my application or not.

My son finally moved here as a permanant resident in September 2010, it was a joyous day! Having lived apart for almost 9 years it has been wonderful to have him with me again.

Nothing much has changed in this past year apart from that.. I am still looking for someone willing to employ me, still living in the same place, still reading this forum and trying to offer advice when I can. It's nice being legal though!

Do I miss the UK? Hmmm I miss aspects of it - good country pubs, family, English Bacon and Chocolate Hobnobs (lol), going to my local shops and knowing everyone who works there, walking down to the beach (I used to live by the sea on the south coast), but overall I would rather be here than there.

Enough rambling... just thought I would share.

Old Jan 27th 2011, 12:50 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 year and 1 day... and another 8 years!

Congratulations, and good luck!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:02 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

well done good luck with the job
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:04 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best wishes for the future.
Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:26 pm
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Congratulations! It's such a fantastic feeling. Good luck with the job search.