Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Canniversary
Reload this Page >

1 whole year has passed

1 whole year has passed

Old May 25th 2014, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

alipeesha is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 1 whole year has passed

Hi all, well I really wanted to share. I found this site so helpful when I was sitting at home in rainy Scotland. I would get worried at 2am about how I could ship my dog or what forms needed to be with us at emigration.... Did they need to be printed etc.from the waiting for COPR to SIN applications I really have to say I found everyone's advice and support so helpful- so our year so far has had lots of personal ups and downs (for me career wise) but the move itself I have to say I would never look back. I moved to Calgary with Ali and spent two months living there... I'm not a city girl I love the mountains and I think fate had a bit to do with things but I got a job in Fernie bc. Ali has just moved down this last month and life is pretty awesome. I love the area I love the people and summer is coming! I have another year before I can sit degree conversion exams and I was very close to going back to the uk to work there for another year or two but we decided to take the year to enjoy living life and I'm glad we did. I haven't really been homesick (yet) but I had visitors and I really love where I am I feel its home. So to those deciding if they should give it a go I would say do it....you can always go back .... But if you find somewhere like I have I doubt you would really want too go back.
Old May 25th 2014, 7:54 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 whole year has passed

Congrats and I am glad your settling in well
Old May 26th 2014, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1 whole year has passed

Good to see another Scot happy with the move!!

You just need to change your location from Fort Willy now