Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > Canada Jobs
Reload this Page >

Trucking in Canada.

Trucking in Canada.

Old Sep 11th 2013, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

H.singh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trucking in Canada.

Hi all. I have connections with a trucking firm in Surrey bc. If you have a class 1 truck licence and would like to work in Canada please contact me at my e mail address [email protected]
Earnings will be around $5000 a month but can be higher depending on the hours you put in.
Thanks all.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trucking in Canada.

Please can you advise what length of class 1 experience is required

Thanks
Old Sep 15th 2013, 4:51 am
Just Joined

H.singh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. Two years is usually required but 1 year can work in some circumstances.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, any chance for newly qualified driver ? Also, any age restrictions?
Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2013, 7:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliceB
Hi, any chance for newly qualified driver ? Also, any age restrictions?
Thanks
How newly qualified are you? See the post above from the OP, he says that 2 years Class 1 experience is usually required, although 1 year may be accepted - do you have that??

The OP hasn't been back on the forum since Sept, so you may be better off sending an email.
Old Jan 13th 2014, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

cjlowndes is an unknown quantity at this point

how often does this come round? I'v not yet made any arrangements to move to canada but would like to in the future. I've done 15 years Army and I'm still serving. I've got every licence including ADR and full CPC.
Any info?
Old Jan 13th 2014, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjlowndes
how often does this come round? I'v not yet made any arrangements to move to canada but would like to in the future. I've done 15 years Army and I'm still serving. I've got every licence including ADR and full CPC.
Any info?
If its temp. work permits you are asking about its all year round but the rules differ from province to province.
Old Jan 14th 2014, 4:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
If its temp. work permits you are asking about its all year round but the rules differ from province to province.
Temp Work Permits are administered Federally, not provincially.

But the rules regarding a PNP app will vary from province to province, is that what you're referring to maybe?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Temp Work Permits are administered Federally, not provincially.

But the rules regarding a PNP app will vary from province to province, is that what you're referring to maybe?
This is from the Canadian Trucking HR site ,In effect, Quebec and Ontario, the Provinces with the largest pool of trucking fleets in Canada,
do allow foreign drivers into trucking but they do so only on a temporary permit basis. This
has consequences and one of them is the result that their programs do not allow the
applicants to apply for a permanent status. They also deny the right to applicants to bring
their family to Canada. In Quebec’s case, the process for the Foreign Worker’s Program
involves both HRSDC and the Quebec Government. In Ontario’s case, the process only
involves HRSDC.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

This is from the Canadian Trucking HR site
The what website? Never heard of it, and if it's not the CIC website, it's not an official source.

Give that it goes on to say this -
They also deny the right to applicants to bring
their family to Canada.
which is a load of rubbish, I'd not use them for immigration info personally!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

The what website? Never heard of it, and if it's not the CIC website, it's not an official source.

Give that it goes on to say this -

which is a load of rubbish, I'd not use them for immigration info personally!
Really,just shows you the lies these trucking companies will tell you!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Really,just shows you the lies these trucking companies will tell you!
Yep! Although it's true that a spouse of a trucker won't get a Spousal Open Work Permit in Ontario, it's complete rubbish that they 'deny the right to applicants to bring their family to Canada'.

Any dependent spouse or child can accompany a trucker to any province, same as any other temporary foreign worker can bring their family. Whether they can work or not is the only variable, but they can certainly accompany the trucker for the duration of his/her stay.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yep! Although it's true that a spouse of a trucker won't get a Spousal Open Work Permit in Ontario, it's complete rubbish that they 'deny the right to applicants to bring their family to Canada'.

Any dependent spouse or child can accompany a trucker to any province, same as any other temporary foreign worker can bring their family. Whether they can work or not is the only variable, but they can certainly accompany the trucker for the duration of his/her stay.
Ok,am I correct in saying Ontario doesnt have a PNP for truck drivers and the driver has to return to his home country as the temp. work permit has a time limit or has the rules changed .I know ON is a little different for truck drivers as I looked at going there when first looking at moving to Canada.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok,am I correct in saying Ontario doesnt have a PNP for truck drivers and the driver has to return to his home country as the temp. work permit has a time limit or has the rules changed .I know ON is a little different for truck drivers as I looked at going there when first looking at moving to Canada.
Correct, Ontario doesn't have a way of gaining PR for a trucker on their own - however, a common work around is for the spouse of a trucker to get a job that does qualify, and then they apply for PR so the whole family get it.

Of course, that's not much use for a single truck driver, who'd be far better off going to another province!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Correct, Ontario doesn't have a way of gaining PR for a trucker on their own - however, a common work around is for the spouse of a trucker to get a job that does qualify, and then they apply for PR so the whole family get it.

Of course, that's not much use for a single truck driver, who'd be far better off going to another province!
Ok thanks for that,thats what I was try to search out for the orignal poster,agree better in another province

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.